Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I am wondering if it is correct or not.

I have forgave one thing that Taj has given me one copy of each set instead of six. All the four sets I have sent you to today through DHL today. Taj introduced me with his boss who is very nice person with dealing but Taj himself very conservative person with dealing.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, it is not. In fact, I am having a lot of trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

:-?

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I agree with Tarheel. It is highly incorrect, and I am pretty good with subcontinental English, having been married to an Indian woman for 38 years. I will give you some corrections that may help you clarify your intended meaning.

I have forgave one thing that Taj has given me one copy of each set instead of six.

I have forgiven one thing (likely should be something) that Taj has done. He has given me one copy instead of six.

All the four sets I have sent you to today through DHL today.

I have sent all four sets to you today via DHL.

Taj introduced me with his boss who is very nice person

Taj introduced me to his boss who is a very nice person.

with dealing but Taj himself very conservative person with dealing.

The above phrase is completely unintelligible. Forget about "with dealing". Perhaps you mean "to deal with"?

Last edited:

rockkvid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I appreciate the effort and applaud the corrections. I work with some contractors who come to me with similar grammatical requests and sometimes I can help and sometimes I cannot. I am glad to know of a great resource where they can get assistance now.

Kevin

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Avoid really really long sentences with two or three thoughts that get mixed together. Instead, write shorter, simpler sentences. (It seems that I say a lot, probably because I do.) Strive for clarity.

:)

HenryLin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Writing a long sentence is not a correct way for framing sentences, try to make a short sentence that will make viewers read and understand properly as well.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, it's not that it's wrong to right long sentences. (Did I express myself poorly?) It's that the shorter sentences tend to be easier to understand. And when we make sentences we are not just stringing words together. We want people to understand us. And that advice ("Write shorter sentences!") is especially appropriate (in my humble opinion) when directed to someone who is still learning the language.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.