Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me correct the following sentences. Thanks!

1. With the popularization of messaging programs, recently photo stickers are taking the public by storm.

2. K-drama My Love from the Star in partnership with LINE, not only launched heroine Jeon Ji-Hyun’s live-action feature photo stickers of My Love from the Star, but also incarnated the roles Brown and Cony in LINE Friends male protagonist and heroine in the play.

3. They cooperated to portray the classical frame in the play.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please see emsr2d2's post #2 here.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
These sentences are translated from a Chinese article on Electronic Commerce Times (2014/2/24). I consider that they are useful reference materials to enrich my topic report. Admittedly, they are so poorly written in Chinese Pidgin English that it fails to convey the intended meaning. I’m aware of my limitations in English writing, so I posted these threads on the forum, hoping to ask native speakers for help to correct the errors.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Ahiuhto, it would save us all a lot of time if you would quote your source in post #1 of each thread. We don't want to have to keep on asking you where your sentences are from. It's getting a little tiresome.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
The three sentences are poorly written in Chinese Pidgin English, but I don't know how to express them in natural English. So please help me correct the errors. Thanks!

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
1. With the popularization of messaging programs, recently photo stickers are taking the public by storm.
Do you mean 'instant messaging programs'? What do they have to do with photo stickers?

Not a teacher.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
The K-drama fans can download their favorite actor's/actress' photo stickers via instant messaging programs/software.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I am not a teacher.
recently photo stickers are taking the public by storm.
The adverb 'recently' refers to the past, so it may not apply to 'are taking', which is the present continuous.

incarnated the roles Brown and Cony in LINE Friends male protagonist and heroine in the play.
I don't understand what it means, perhaps native speakers do.

portray the classical frame in the play.
Do you mean 'portray the classic roles in the play'?

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I tried to write the intended meaning as written.

1. By the popularization of communication software,the sticker set from the Korean drama <My Love From The Star> were well-received and widely used by worldwide users/fans.
2. The producer of K-drama “My Love from the Star” cooperated with LINE.
3. They release heroine Jeon Ji-Hyun’s live-action feature of stage photo sticker from “My Love from the Star.”
4. LINE will be releasing a special sticker set consists of Brown and Cony which depicts the actual scenes from the Mini Drama,<ONE LINE LOVE>, starred by Lee Min Ho, with rising Taiwanese actress Bea Hayden.
5. Brown and Cony worked together to portray the classic roles in the play.

P.S. I'm not sure whether the underlined part "live-action feature" is correct or meaningful.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Yes, it refers to : of, relating to, or featuring cinematography that is not produced by animation <a live–action film>

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
3. They release heroine Jeon Ji-Hyun’s live-action feature of stage photo sticker from “My Love from the Star.”
I take it to mean 'They have released heroine Jeon Ji-Hyun's photo stickers from live-action TV series 'My Love from the Star'.
Is it your intended meaning?

Not a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.