Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello People! :cool: I would like you to help me with my Erasmus motivational letter.
I am sure it is full of mistakes :-(

START
ADDRESS NUMBER
POSTCODE CITY
Italy

29 October 2014​

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is XXX, I am 23 years old and I was born in Italy in the city of CITY. Currently, I am a student of the Master’s Degree programme in Economics and Strategies for International Markets at Università Aldo Moro in CITY. I am writing this because I would like to spend next semester of my study course at the prestigious Vrjie Universiteit Brussel, by taking part in the Erasmus Programme as an international exchange student.

I decided to apply for this programme because I am very interested in experiencing different lifestyles, cultures and mentalities. I am sure that this exchange would enrich me, both personally and academically. In my opinion, intercultural exchange is necessary to understand the fast-moving society we live in. Studying abroad would also help me gain a broader knowledge of Belgium’s culture and language. This is a very advanced European country with modern economics and developed markets and, in particular Bruxelles is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, full of numerous international political organizations.

I have chosen to apply for your University, because I very much like its module system of study. I appreciate the wide range of offered modules and the freedom in making your study plan. Many of the study courses are unique for me. However, among several great features, the most important for me is the very high standard of studies.

I would honor the opportunity if you accept me for the Erasmus programme, because it will mean a lot for me and my future career prospective. It would definitely be a very efficient and successfully method to deepen my English and Economics skills. I have been learning English as my first foreign language since age of ten, and I believe that this experience will improve a lot my knowledge because I will get a chance to communicate with students in similar circumstances. Moreover I would have the chance to learn other two foreign languages, French and Dutch, and this would surely mark my future professional and personal development.

I think Vrjie Universiteit Brussel is an excellent place to start my career. I am convinced that this experience would provide important new skills and competences, as well as improve the ones I have already acquired. In addition I am sure it would enhance my chances to find a better employment, as I will get a truly multicultural experience, highly valuated nowadays among employers. For all these reasons, I am strongly motivated to attend classes and study in your University, which I consider the best choice for me.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Yours sincerely

XXX XXX

END

Moreover one more question: do you have any suggestions about font, font size and particular layout?
Thank you in advance!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First of all, don't thank me in advance. (How do you know I will be helpful?) Use any font size you want. Use any font you want. The only thing I have to say about that is don't make it too large or too small. (The font you used for this posting is fine.) There aren't many mistakes.

Hello People! :cool: I would like you to help me with my Erasmus motivational letter.
I am sure it is full of mistakes :-(

START
ADDRESS NUMBER
POSTCODE CITY
Italy

29 October 2014​

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is XXX, I am 23 years old and I was born in Italy in the city of CITY. Currently, I am a student of the Master’s Degree programme in Economics and Strategies for International Markets at Università Aldo Moro in CITY. I am writing this because I would like to spend the next semester of my study course at the prestigious Vrjie Universiteit Brussel, by taking part in the Erasmus Programme as an international exchange student.

I decided to apply for this programme because I am very interested in experiencing different lifestyles, cultures and mentalities. (I don't know what you mean by mentalities.) I am sure that this exchange would enrich me, both personally and academically. In my opinion, intercultural exchange is necessary to understand the fast-moving society we live in. Studying abroad would also help me gain a broader knowledge of Belgium’s culture and language. This is a very advanced European country with modern economics and developed markets and, in particular Bruxelles is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, full of numerous international political organizations.

I have chosen to apply for (I wouldn't use for there. Probably to.) your University, because I very much like its module system of study. I appreciate the wide range of offered modules and the freedom in making your study plan. Many of the study courses are unique to me. However, among several great features, the most important for me is the very high standard of studies.

I would appreciate the opportunity if you accept me for the Erasmus programme, because it will mean a lot for me and my future career prospects. It would definitely be a very efficient and successful method to deepen my English and Economics skills. Don't capitalize economics.) I have been learning English as my first foreign language since the age of ten, and I believe that this experience will improve my language skills because I will get a chance to communicate with students in similar circumstances. Moreover I would have the chance to learn two other foreign languages, French and Dutch, and this would surely enhance my future professional and personal development.

I think Vrjie Universiteit Brussel is an excellent place to start my career. I am convinced that this experience would would be helpful for me to learn new skills as well as to improve the ones I have already acquired. In addition I am sure it would enhance my chances to find a better employment, as I will get a truly multicultural experience, highly valued nowadays by employers. For all these reasons, I am strongly motivated to study at your University, which I consider the best choice for me.

[STRIKE]Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.[/STRIKE]
Yours sincerely

XXX XXX

END

Moreover one more question: do you have any suggestions about font, font size and particular layout?
Thank you in advance!

There were more mistakes than I thought there were at first. :)

~Ron

Fabry

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Well Ron, as evidence showed, you have been proved very helpful!! :up:

Im saving all those changes. Can I ask you what do you think about the content itself? I mean, is it senseful?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think the content is pretty good. It especially helps, I think, that you know so much about the area and the university. Now, can you find my mistakes? ;-) (I found two.) BTW, I'm not sure if "senseful" is a word. (My spell-checker says not.)

That's all for now.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.