Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me correct the following paragraph. Thanks!

Pele is considered as one of the greatest soccer players in the world. He has begun to play soccer since he was a teenager. He grew in a poor family and had to live from hand to mouth by polishing shoes and boots. He started his first professional soccer game when he was sixteen years old. He won the World Cup twice before he retired. At the age of sixty-six, he is going to issue his second autobiography.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
When is this due to your teacher?

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
This paragraph originally written by a student has been rewritten by me. I hope to ask native speakers for help to correct the errors.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
He has begun to play soccer since he was a teenager.
@ Teachers, should it be 'He has been playing soccer since he was a teenager' if he is still playing, or 'He began playing soccer when he was a teenager' if he is no longer playing?

@ Ashiuhto, it seems that you can get more help from another forum under the name of contiluo.

Not a teacher.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
@ Teachers, should it be 'He has been playing soccer since he was a teenager' if he is still playing, or 'He began playing soccer when he was a teenager' if he is no longer playing?

Not a teacher.

Yes.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please help me correct the following paragraph. Thanks!

Pele is considered as one of the greatest soccer players in the world. He has begun to play soccer since he was a teenager. He grew in a poor family and had to live from hand to mouth by polishing shoes and boots. He started his first professional soccer game when he was sixteen years old. He won the World Cup twice before he retired. At the age of sixty-six, he is going to issue his second autobiography.
Pele is considered one of the greatest soccer players in the world. He began playing soccer as a teenager. He grew up in a poor family and had to live hand-to-mouth by polishing shoes and boots. He started his first professional soccer game when he was 16 years old. He won the World Cup twice before he retired. At the age of 64, he is going to issue his second autobiography.

Status
Not open for further replies.