Playpark

Hi everybody!. Well, I would like to know if this word "Playpark" means a park with slides, small wooden houses, swings... where children play. I have been looking up this word in different dictionaries but I just found it in some of them, so I really hesitate. Besides, if it´s a park with slides, swings... where little boys and girls plays, can i use if for an "outside" playpark and for an "inside" playpark?. Thanks in advance!

Jesús.

Re: Playpark

Quote Originally Posted by Jesule
    Hi everybody!. Well, I would like to know if this word "Playpark" means a park with slides, small wooden houses, swings... where children play. I have been looking up this word in different dictionaries but I just found it in some of them, so I really hesitate. Besides, if it´s a park with slides, swings... where little boys and girls plays, can i use if for an "outside" playpark and for an "inside" playpark?. Thanks in advance!
    Jesús.
    I would use the word playarea for an area that children go to play, but I don't think playpark is incorrect, it's probably American. Playarea is used for inside and out, but a park is an outside area so I'm not really sure.

Sorry can't be of further help.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Playpark

"Playpark" is more of a British English phrase. When it's used in the US, it tends to mean a more specialized area - for example, an aerospace museum play park might have space-themed rides and interactive games. In the US, a park that has the slides and swings you mentioned is usually called a "playground." If it inside (such as at a restaurant or large hotel), it's simply referred to as an "indoor playground."