• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hausa
      • Home Country:
      • Nigeria
      • Current Location:
      • Nigeria

How to kill my shy to speak english publicaly?

i'm new here, i have knew many word but still i'm not good at speaking, i need your help, thanks.

1. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Burmese
      • Home Country:
      • Myanmar
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: How to kill my shy to speak english publicaly?

Not a teacher

I do not know if you live in English speaking country. But if you do not, then you will need to have someone who you can practice your English with. I used to have the same problem about 5 years ago, and I couldn't find anyone who wanted to practice English with me even at a college I attended. At that time the only way I could improve my English speaking was practicing it in front of the mirror inside my solitary room. That was how I did it. When anyone saw me talking to myself in English, they laughed at me. It really helped my tongue move right and pronounced the word better.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 03-Oct-2014 at 07:32. Reason: Added "Not a teacher"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy22 View Post
    I'm new here. I have knew know many word but still I'm not good at speaking. I need your help. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum.

Your title says that you are shy about speaking English in public but your post just says you're not good at it. However, the answer to both is practice. Speak English whenever you can. Everyone is a little embarrassed when they start speaking a foreign language but I'm sure you don't laugh at people who try to speak your language so you can be sure they are not laughing at you.

It should be very easy for you to find native/fluent English speakers to practise with. According to your member profile, you live in and are from Nigeria. The official national language of Nigeria is English. Of course, English might be your second language with one of the other dialects your first. Depending on where you live in Nigeria, there might be lots of opportunities for you to speak English. Look for a language exchange evening perhaps.

Note my corrections to your post. It's important to capitalise the first letter of every sentence and to capitalise the word "I" at all times.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 03-Oct-2014 at 08:18. Reason: Fixing typo.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Don't be shy- non-native speakers make mistakes; it's easy for native speakers, but much harder for learners.