Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
hi , i want to know more about listening . how to be active while listening not being passive listener , what should i do while listening ? . Should i learn english with movies? should i listen to short passages , like podcasts? or. .. .
thanks in advance:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi. I want to know more about listening, how to be active while listening, not being passive listener. What should I do while listening? (No full stop after a question mark.) Should I learn English with movies? Should I listen to short passages (no comma here) like podcasts? Or do you have some other suggestions?
Thanks in advance. :)

First, please see the corrections I have made to your post in red. It is important to follow the rules of written English:

- Start very sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

Now I will move on to your question. You asked "Should I learn English with movies?" The answer is no. You should learn English at classes and by studying at home on your own, using grammar books and exercises and online resources.
You can practise and hone your English using TV shows, movies, radio broadcasts, podcasts and any other form of English you can find. People learn in different ways so you will have to work out what is best for you.

Hatem Tarek

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
First, please see the corrections I have made to your post in red. It is important to follow the rules of written English:

- Start very sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

Now I will move on to your question. You asked "Should I learn English with movies?" The answer is no. You should learn English at classes and by studying at home on your own, using grammar books and exercises and online resources.
You can practise and hone your English using TV shows, movies, radio broadcasts, podcasts and any other form of English you can find. People learn in different ways so you will have to work out what is best for you.
Thanks mate for your answer . And i really want to improve my writing any tips for beginners?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks mate for your answer . And i really want to improve my writing any tips for beginners?

Please don't refer to me as "mate". I am not being rude but we have never met and we are not friends. You can simply refer to me by my username.

I gave you at least 5 good writing tips in my last post. I suggest you read them and actually follow them. For example, in this post, you failed to capitalise the word "I" and you put a space before a full stop. I have underlined those errors above.

Status
Not open for further replies.