• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

meaning of two "thats" - Get some baby wipes ..... that you use on your face

Hello everybody!

Get some baby wipes for areas that you’d rather not use the same washcloth that you use on your face.

First of all I would like to say what I think the meaning of the sentence is.

The general meaning is:

Get some baby wipes for your face and some (other) wipes for the rest of your body.

The 1st "that" means, in my opinion, "for which".

The 2nd "that" is part of and directly related to "the same washcloth that".

To sum up, I understand the sentence in question as follows:

Get some baby wipes for areas for which you’d rather not use the same washcloth that you use on your face.

Am I right? I may be wrong.

Here is some context:

Second, after the surgery you will be even more disabled (you’ll be in pain and in a knee immobilizer, brace or cast) so be sure that you have a ride home and that your home is ready for your return. You will need to keep your leg elevated, so have some pillows set up on your bed for that. In order for the elevation to work, you need to be truly elevated (above the heart). Sitting in a recliner with the leg rest up won’t cut it. You won’t be able to shower normally, so I would suggest getting one of those shower heads that have a hose attachment. That way you can wash your hair by standing beside the shower stall. You should also get some liquid body soap. I’ve had to replace my shower by washing myself from the sink using the liquid body soap in water first and then rinsing with plain water and a wash cloth. Get some baby wipes for areas that you’d rather not use the same washcloth that you use on your face.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: meaning of two "thats" - Get some baby wipes ..... that you use on your face

"The general meaning is:

Get some baby wipes for your face and some (other) wipes for the rest of your body."

I agree completely. I hope the patient is feeling better soon.