Student or Learner
Please would you help me and correct or rephrase these sentences to make them sound correct english
1. Peter is so materialistic that any item except money does not catch his attention.
2. Anna was left alone after her husband's death but for an old friend in a neighbouring street.
3. They could not save anything from the burnt-out house but for a few pictures.
1. Peter is so materialistic that nothing but money catches his attention.
2. Anna was left alone after her husband's death with her only acquaintance being an old friend on a neighboring street.
3. All they could save from the burnt-out house was a few pictures. (In AE we would say burned out.)
Last edited by Rover_KE; 22-Oct-2014 at 22:33. Reason: Fixing typo.