[Essay] Concert (Please correct my grammar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asphyxia

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Poland
Last week I went to one of my favorite metal band’s concert. That day, we came to the bar earlier and before the concert starts, we ordered a couple of drinks. It turned out that we could meet musicians at the club because they was drinking beer there. That time they were still without makeup. Just as they came on the scene I saw a characteristic for black metal artist "corpse paint". Even if I didn’t know the first band, when I heard their first song, I knew that the concert would be successful. After one hour of unearthly music the second band began to play. Suddenly, in the middle of the concert the vocalist decided to leave the scene and go for something. When he came back, he took to the stage with a cup full of red substance and then poured it on himself. Red color covered his body. It looked like blood but of course it wasn’t. At the end, when the musicians came down from the stage the singer suddenly ran up to me, grabbed my head and wiped on me red substance. I think time is a thief, because before I noticed concert was over.

After the concert when musicians took us to the backstage we were able to talk with all band members, took some photos and drink alcohol with them. Of course, my first question during the meeting was: "Is it a real blood?" and one of the musicians said: "Of course! We use only the real blood" and gave me a bottle with a strange substance as a gift.

In my opinion, that concert really was like those black metal concerts held in the small clubs in Norway and I think it was all because of the prevailing atmosphere of doom, gloom and negativity. It was marvelous and I’m sure that this chance will happen again in my life.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Last week I went to one of my favorite metal band’s concerts. That day, we went to the bar earlier than usual, and before the concert started, we ordered a couple of drinks. It turned out that we could meet musicians at the club because they were drinking beer there. At that time they hadn't put on their makeup yet.

Isn't the expression "heavy metal"?

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Just as they came on the scene I saw a characteristic for black metal artist "corpse paint".

You're going to have to change that sentence. Did you see the corpse paint on somebody? If so, say that.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Even though I didn’t know the first band, when I heard their first song, I knew that the concert would be successful. After one hour of unearthly music, the second band began to play. Suddenly, in the middle of the concert the vocalist left the stage. When he came back, he had a cup full of a red substance, and he poured it on himself. He was covered in red.. It looked like blood, but of course it wasn’t. At the end, when the musicians came down from the stage, the singer suddenly ran up to me, grabbed my head and wiped the red substance on me. I think time is a thief, because before I noticed it the concert was over.

asphyxia

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Poland
No, they play black metal.:) Thank you for your corrections.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, black metal is something I hadn't heard of before. (I learn something new every day.)

After the concert the musicians took us backstage where we were able to talk to all the band members. Also, we took some photos and drank alcohol with them. Of course, my first question during the meeting was: "Is it real blood?" and one of the musicians said: "Of course! We only use real blood" and gave me a bottle with a strange substance in it as a gift.

In my opinion, that concert really was like those black metal concerts held in the small clubs in Norway, and I think it worked because of the prevailing atmosphere of doom, gloom and negativity. It was marvelous, and I’m sure that that chance will happen again in my life.

If something is an exact quote, then use it as is even if it is ungrammatical.

Well, we're finished with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.