Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello! Could you please edit my letter? It is very important for me! Thanks in advance
Dear Mr.Marat
Before, you used to communicate with my colleague Gusewa. But unfortunately she left our company. From this day on, I am in the charge to communicate with you. That’s why, if you have any questions, I ask you to write directly to me.
Also I want to inform that our company is ready to make an order, you can find an attached excel file in the application. Please confirm receipt of excel file. If you can any questions please let me know.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello! Could you please edit my letter? It is very important for me! Thanks in advance

Don't thank me in advance. Instead, buy me lunch. ;-)

Dear Mr.Marat
Before, you used to communicate with my colleague Gusewa.

Say:

You used to communicate with my colleague Gusewa.​

The "used to" by itself tells the reader that it happened in the past. Do not add Before.

But unfortunately she left our company. From this day on, I am in charge of communicating with you. That’s why, if you have any questions, I ask you to write directly to me.
Also I want to inform you that our company is ready to make an order. You can find an attached Excel file in the application. Please confirm receipt of Excel file. If you can any questions, please let me know.

Please note that a person is put in charge of something, and after that the person is in charge of that thing. Do you see what I am in charge of here? (Nothing. That's what I'm in charge of.)

:)

EkaterinaVlasowa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Don't thank me in advance. Instead, buy me lunch. ;-)

:)
haha, ok should I go to USA, and but you a lunch? No problem.:-D

Thank you very much.
In that case, I should not use in charge of. Could I say instead of that: From this day on, I will work with your company.
Also, why did you highlighted
inform you ? Is there any problem?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
haha, ok should I go to USA, and buy you lunch? No problem.:-D

Thank you very much.
In that case, I should not use in charge of. Could I say instead of that: From this day on, I will work with your company.
Also, why did you
highlight inform you ? Is there any problem?

No! You should definitely use "in charge of" instead of what was there before (in charge to). If I put something in red that means a change (correction) has been made. (Note that "inform you" is a necessary change to the original.)

The original post isn't very long, so it should be easy to tell what changes have been suggested.

Welcome to the forum.

:hi:

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's rather wordy. I would say "Please note that I have now taken over from Guwesa, who has left the company. From now on, please contact me with any queries. Also, I attach an Excel document detailing our latest order. Please confirm receipt of the order. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
(Thanks to emsr2d2)

Please note that I have now taken over from Guwesa, who has left the company. From now on, please contact me with any queries. Also, I attach an Excel document detailing our latest order. Please confirm receipt of the order. Contact me if you have any questions.

Shorter still.

:-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Calvin Mclain

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I agree with tarheel. The corrections to your grammer is spot on. I always proofread a few times to make sure I don't type the same word twice or write an incomplete thought. Read aloud what you write and ask yourself if it sounds right to you. Good job tarheel.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The extra words 'please do not hesitate to..' sounds slightly more polite especially in the Asian context.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.