1. B45

I asked my mom how many suitcases she's bringing back from overseas. She said she'll

I asked my mom how many suitcases she's bringing back from overseas. She said she'll take pictures and send it to me. When I got to the airport there were 3 suitcase. I say to her:

How come you only took pictures of three suitcases?

Is this okay?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: I asked my mom how many suitcases she's bringing back from overseas. She said sh

Quote Originally Posted by Batman45 View Post
    I asked my mom how many suitcases she's bringing back from overseas. She said she'll take pictures and send it to me. When I got to the airport there were 3 suitcases. I say to her:

How come you only took pictures of three suitcases?

Is this okay?
    The sentence in bold is grammatically correct but I can't follow the logic of your post. If your mum sent you a photo of three suitcases and when you got to the airport, she had three suitcases, there should have been no cause for surprise. If you arrived at the airpot and there were 4, 5, 6, 10 etc suitcases, then it would make sense to ask her "How come you only took pictures of three suitcases?"
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. B45

Re: I asked my mom how many suitcases she's bringing back from overseas. She said sh

Actually I said: How come you only took pictures of two suitcases?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

It would have been really helpful if you'd got that right in post #1. On that basis, your question is correct.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

5. B45

Sorry about that. I'll be more careful next time.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Batman45 View Post
    Sorry about that. I'll be more careful next time.
    That's OK. It just serves as an example of the importance of proofreading your posts before you hit "Post".