Would it be possible to get some advice on my English Language coursework?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcool_uk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi guys,

I'm in my second year A2 English Language under the WJEC spec. I am currently doing a piece of coursework under 'Writing for a specific purpose', i chose to write an obituary for Amy Winehouse.

However, i'm really struggling this with this particular piece, particularly trying to analyse and find the features that are specifically aimed at the audience (middle-class, The Independent newspaper) and purpose (inform, create emotion) just seem to be really difficult. Is there anyway I could email someone a copy?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

As you will have seen in the Forum Guidelines/Rules, we cannot help with homework or coursework. Your teacher is only interested in what you can do, on your own, without any help. There's no point showing your teacher work which we have written or rewritten. By handing in your own work, your teacher will be able to see where your strengths and weaknesses are and tailor his/her help as a result.

(Also note that we do not offer help by email or Private Message. Any queries and answers must be done publicly.)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You're surely aware that 'I' is always capitalised, mr_cool.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Why are you struggling? Tell me what she did and why I should care that she's dead- that's enough. And don't load it up with teenage slang that I don't know as a middle-class Indie reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.