• Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Post Cover Letter = Motivation Letter ?

Hello Everyone,

I am ferdin from chennai, i am pursuing Master of technology in Nanotechnology and i would like to apply for PhD Positions in Abroad.I have a Academic CV, Cover letter. Some Universities are asking Motivation letter. I do not have any idea about motivation letter.I have asked many professors some do not know some told me both are same and some others told they are different.I have attached my Cover letter here.
    Please go through and help me to make a Motivation letter if possible..

'
    Dear Sir,

Greetings to you! I am writing to you, to apply for a doctoral position in your institute. Your institution's reputation for excellence in research gives me a strong impression and I would love to join it if I have the chance. At present I am pursuing my M. Tech in Nanotechnology at Sathyabama University, Chennai, India As part of my M. Tech dissertation I have synthesized carbon nanospheres by degrading cotton based textiles under ambient conditions. I am well versed in characterization techniques such as XRD, FESEM, AFM and UV-Visible Spectrophotometry.

A copy of my biographic sketch and my research interests is enclosed. If you need additional materials or information, I am happy to supply it.

I look forward to learning more and exploring the fit with my experience. I believe that my perseverance and enthusiasm could help me success in the research at your institute. I will be very grateful if you can give me a chance. Thank you very much for your consideration and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 04-Nov-2014 at 13:42. Reason: Standardised font size