Results 1 to 9 of 9
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Nov 2014
    • Posts: 5
    #1

    Exclamation Can you help me?

    hi

    i'm noora... a new member in this forum,,, i attend to apply for ielts exam and i want your advices to improve my english >>> topic, articles, shortstory videos ... or anything else


    thank you very much

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,912
    #2

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    When are you thinking of taking the exam and what grade are you after?

  1. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,907
    #3

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by noora haider View Post
    Hi.

    I'm Noora (no dots here) and I'm a new member in this forum. I attend intend to apply for the ielts IELTS exam and I want your advices advice on how to improve my English. >>> Topics to study, articles to read, shortstory short stories to read, videos to watch or and anything else you can think of.


    Thank you very much.
    Welcome to the forum.

    Your post demonstrates several weaknesses in your written English. Look at my corrections and follow these rules of written English at all times:

    - Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
    - Always capitalise proper nouns (English, Arabic, Iraq, Microsoft, IELTS).
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Nov 2014
    • Posts: 5
    #4

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    When are you thinking of taking the exam and what grade are you after?
    In December.
    The grade should be 6 from 10

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Nov 2014
    • Posts: 5
    #5

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    Your post demonstrates several weaknesses in your written English. Look at my corrections and follow these rules of written English at all times:

    - Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
    - Always capitalise proper nouns (English, Arabic, Iraq, Microsoft, IELTS).
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

    Thanx emsr2d2. I appreciate ur efforts.
    Please post here every information that can improve my English.

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,907
    #6

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by noora haider View Post
    Thanx emsr2d2. I appreciate ur efforts.
    Please post here every information that can improve my English.
    One of the main improvements would be to not use textspeak/chatlish.

    "Thanx" does not exist in English. It's "thanks".
    "ur" does not exist in English. It's "your".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 57,912
    #7

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    You need to know the exam well. Here are some places that specialise in it: https://www.usingenglish.com/links/E...LTS/index.html

    However, getting onto a course that trains you for the exam is the best way forwards. You have quite a long way to go to get to IELTS standard, so don't rush into it.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Nov 2014
    • Posts: 5
    #8

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    One of the main improvements would be to not use textspeak/chatlish.

    "Thanx" does not exist in English. It's "thanks".
    "ur" does not exist in English. It's "your".

    Ok
    Thank you very much emsr2d2

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

    • Join Date: Nov 2014
    • Posts: 5
    #9

    Re: Can you help me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    You need to know the exam well. Here are some places that specialise in it: https://www.usingenglish.com/links/E...LTS/index.html

    However, getting onto a course that trains you for the exam is the best way forwards. You have quite a long way to go to get to IELTS standard, so don't rush into it.


    Ok Tdol
    I'll keep that in my mind.
    Thanks for your help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •