1. B45

My friend's telling me about his business. I ask: How did you get into this/that bu

My friend's telling me about his business. I ask:

How did you get into this/that business?

Are both okay here?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: My friend's telling me about his business. I ask: How did you get into this/tha

Yes.

3. B45

Re: My friend's telling me about his business. I ask: How did you get into this/tha

Why are both okay? Shouldn't it be this or that? What would a native speaker use?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

We would use both (not at the same time, of course). Why do you keep querying native speakers' answers?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

5. B45

Because I need it for my work and also I'm now living in the US, so it's important for me to catch on to the lingo and culture.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I didn't ask why you come on the forum searching for native speakers' versions of things. I asked why, when you have already had a response from a native speaker which has, in some cases, been "liked" by several other native speakers, you still ask for further confirmation and clarification.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

7. B45

Because it seems like every native speaker has their own opinion on things.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

And when we have a different opinion than the one quoted in the first response, we write a new post to explain it. If we simply "Like" another native speaker's response, it usually means we agree with it and we have nothing to add.