Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
(thanks for stop by my topic and give me some advice, I'm so glad to see them:-D:-D)

Caring for old people was traditionally the responsibility of families. However, the best form of care for the elderly depends on the family situation. It depends on whether family members have the time resource.

In the past, a woman’s job was to stay at home taking care of elderly people. Now many of them tend to choose to work so they do not have time to take care of the elderly. In addition, residential homes provide care for large number of elderly people. This is a professional service and nurses are trained to take care of senior citizens. They will have frequent check-up and make sure that they always maintain good health every day. Also, they can make friends with many people at the same age. For these reason it is considered as an option with busy people who need to take care of their elderly parents.

By contrast, if they have time or even take their time, they can find the information and learn how to take care of the elderly well. The positive effect of this approach is that they can understand their elderly parents’ thoughts and look, then their parents will trust and confide in them. It leads to the fact that the elderly will have the mental health which is considered as an important element to help them to have longer life expectancy.

Taking care of the elderly considers a mark of honor to them. Therefore, the better choice seems the approach that is looking after our elderly parents by ourselves. This is a step in the right direction leading by your heart.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thanks for stopping by my topic to give me some advice. I'm so glad to see them:-D:-D)

I know you are not thanking me personally, but it kind of seems like it. Also, what do you mean by "I'm so glad to see them"?

Caring for old people was traditionally the responsibility of families. However, the best form of care for the elderly depends on the family situation. It depends on whether family members have the time [STRIKE]resource[/STRIKE].

The use of the past tense in that first sentence suggests that famiies don't care for their older relatives anymore. I am sure that's not true. (At least, not entirely true.)

In the past, at the job of taking care of older family members fell to the woman. Now many women choose to work, so they do not have time to take care of older family members. In addition, residential homes provide care for a large number of elderly people. This is a professional service, and nurses are trained to take care of senior citizens. (Some of them are.) They will have their health needs tended to by professionals. Also, they can make friends with many people of the same age. For this reason it is considered [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] an option for busy people who need to take care of their elderly parents.

Thank you for putting in paragraph breaks.

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
By contrast, if they have time or even take their time, they can find the information and learn how to take care of their parents well. The positive effect of this approach is that they can understand their elderly parents’ thoughts and look, then their parents will trust and confide in them. It leads to the fact that the elderly will have a positive outlook, which is considered [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] an important element to help them to have a longer life expectancy.

Taking care of the elderly considers a mark of honor to them. Therefore, the better choice seems the approach that is looking after our elderly parents by ourselves. This is a step in the right direction leading by your heart.

Those two paragraphs are confusing to me. (Especially the first sentence of the second paragraph.) Could you rewrite that so it is clearer?

yseo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
Aaland
thanks for the post am from kerala the gods onwn country, but here increasing oldage homes , its pointed that, no one have time to care their parents, one point is similar to your wordings " a woman’s job was to stay at home taking care of elderly people. Now many of them tend to choose to work so they do not have time to take care of the elderly" , some people are hating to care their parents..anyway pls end this stupidarity...live peacefully live with parents by essay writing services

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The last two paragraphs paraphrased:

On the other hand, there are those in the family who are in a position to learn to take care of the elderly in the comfort of their homes. Caring of the elderly by family members definitely has more advantages. There is greater trust and understanding between the caregiver and receiver. The latter receives the much needed emotional support which is important for improving life expectancy.

Taking care of the elderly at home is an honor to the caregiver. It has to come from the heart. The arrangement is much preferred as it works better.

not a teacher

Teddy Pham

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
thank you so much!
"i'm glad to see them", i mean i really take any advice everyone gives me
by the way, i rewrited my second and third paragraph. could you take a look to give me advice

"By contrast, they can take care of their parents by themselves if they either have their time or take their time resources. They saw their parents through by both getting time to confide to them and cooking for them delicious meals. In that approach, the elderly tend to have both mental and physical health instead seeming to lack emotional health for having less contact with their families in the first way. Many studies have recently indicated that the mental health place a vital role to last our longer life expectancy. Therefore the better choice turns out to keep their parents living under the same roof even they may have a busy timetable."

"Taking care of the aged parents seems like an honor to them. Therefore, we can show the full meaning of that and help them enjoy and stay longer in their fulfilling life by looking after them by ourselves".

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
thank you so much!
by the way, i rewrote my second paragraph. Could you take a look, and give me some advice.

"By contrast, they can take care of their parents by themselves if they either have their time or take their time resources. They saw their parents through by both getting time to confide to them and cooking for them delicious meals. In that approach, the elderly tend to have both mental and physical health instead seeming to lack emotional health for having less contact with their families in the first way. Many studies have recently indicated that the mental health place a vital role to last our longer life expectancy. Therefore the better choice turns out to keep their parents living under the same roof even they may have a busy timetable."

I don't have much time now. I will see if I can't start earlier tomorrow and take a longer look at everything.

:up:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
OK, I'm back. :)

Thank you so much!
By saying "i'm glad to see them", I mean I really appreciate any advice anyone gives me.
By the way, I rewrote my second and third paragraphs. Could you take a look at them, and give me your advice.

Okay. :)

"By contrast, they can take care of their parents by themselves if they either have the time or take their time resources. They saw their parents through by both getting time to confide in them and cooking for them delicious meals. Older people tend to have a better outlook on life when they live with their adult children. Many studies have recently indicated that [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] mental health plays a vital role in helping us live longer. [STRIKE]Therefore the better choice turns out to be to keep their parents living under the same roof even if they are very busy."[/STRIKE]

Taking care of our aged parents may see like a burden at times, but it is better than having them cared for by strangers.

How are we doing?

Teddy Pham

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thank you! I learned from that very much!
Finally, please! Could you take a look my whole essay to give me some advice about the coherence and cohesion! Is that ok?

"Caring for old people was traditionally the responsibility of families. However, the best form of care for the elderly depends on the family situation. It depends on whether family members have the time resource.

In the past, at the job of taking care of older family members fell to the woman. Now many women choose to work, so they do not have time to take care of older family members. In addition, residential homes provide care for a large number of elderly people. This is a professional service, and nurses are trained to take care of senior citizens. (Some of them are.) They will have their health needs tended to by professionals. Also, they can make friends with many people of the same age. For this reason it is considered as an option for busy people who need to take care of their elderly parents.

By contrast, they can take care of their parents by themselves if they either have the time or take their time resources. They saw their parents through by both getting time to confide in them and cooking for them delicious meals. Older people tend to have a better outlook on life when they live with their adult children. Many studies have recently indicated that the mental health plays a vital role in helping us live longer. Therefore the better choice turns out to be to keep their parents living under the same roof even if they are very busy."Taking care of our aged parents may see like a burden at times, but it is better than having them cared for by strangers."

Taking care of the aged parents seems like an honor to them. Therefore, we can show the full meaning of that and help them enjoy and stay longer in their fulfilling life by looking after them by ourselves."

satria22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
thanks for your information...i more learn to your post..thanks My Little learn

yonateles52639

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
its look nice, i like your writing style :D greetingsss :-o

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
thanks for the post am from kerala the gods onwn country, but here increasing oldage homes , its pointed that, no one have time to care their parents, one point is similar to your wordings " a woman’s job was to stay at home taking care of elderly people. Now many of them tend to choose to work so they do not have time to take care of the elderly" , some people are hating to care their parents..anyway pls end this stupidarity...live peacefully live with parents by essay writing services

You claim in your profile that English is your native language. That is hard to believe. (BTW, "stupidarity" is not a word.) (Those essay writing services charge for their services. My work here is free.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The last two paragraphs paraphrased:

On the other hand, there are those in the family who are in a position to learn to take care of the elderly in the comfort of their homes. Caring
for the elderly by family members definitely is the best option. There is greater trust and understanding between the caregiver and receiver. The latter receives the much needed emotional support which is important for improving life expectancy.

Taking care of the elderly at home is an honor to the caregiver. It has to come from the heart. The arrangement is much preferred as it works better.

not a teacher

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
thank you so much!
by the way, i rewrited my second and third paragraph. could you take a look to give me advice

"Taking care of the aged parents seems like an honor to them. Therefore, we can show the full meaning of that and help them enjoy and stay longer in their fulfilling life by looking after them by ourselves".

Aged parents will do better being cared for by family members rather than strangers. We should make the effort to keep them at home if it is at all possible.

(Rather than use those paragraphs, start over using my and tedmc's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.