Hello. I'm about to apply to Erasmus mundus programme and I need someone to review my cover letter and correct where needed. Feel free to suggest anything that would improve it. Thank you.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am pleased to write to you to apply for the Erasmus programme for the second term of 2014/2015 academic year. I am currently studying Computer engineering at XX and I would very much appreciate being able to spend a semester at Your university.

From an early age I was interested in technology and electronics. I was always curious of the inner workings of electronic and mechanical devices which lead me to choose mechatronics technician as my high school education. Later on, during high school, I became more interested in software side of the aforementioned devices and as my curiosity grew so did the area of my interest. I spend my time learning all that I can about these things and when I reached the end of high school I knew that that is what I want to do, this is what I want my career to be. So choosing computer engineering was a no brainer.

The main reason behind this decision is that I would like to broaden my experience and gain new skills which would strongly enrich my future studies and help me in my future career. Moreover, I consider this program as an extraordinary occasion to improve my English writing and speaking skills, as well as learn a new language and its culture. Your university is offering a wide range of courses that are the perfect complement to my education.

My aim is to successfully finish the Bachelors of Computer Science at XX and I hope the Erasmus student exchange can only help me not only with this primary aim, but also give me an important experience in the field of my study and foreign languages for my future career
I hope you consider me a worthy student to accept me in your university. It will be a privilege for me if you accept me as a part of your educational community.

Yours faithfully, YY