I would like to know If you can help me with this:
I have 3 sentences which are not finished:
1) Even if he were to apologize...
2) Even If they begged me...
3) If we really loved each other...
and I have six posibilities which can be the correct answer to finish this 3 conditional sentences. They are:
I was thinking about this:
1) Even if he were to apologize, I might not forgive him
2) Even if he begged me, I couldn't tell him the truth.
3)If we really loved each other, we would get married.
are these sentences ok? Please tell me if they are not,
1- Unlikely- 'even if' is emphatic, so 'might' doesn't really go with such a strong position. 'Wouldn't' works better for me.
2 & 3 are fine.