• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Question Please correct these sentences

Can anyone please have a look at the following sentences and correct them:

1. The cost of Dental laser treatment is slightly higher than the regular dental job.
    2. The good news is that now dentistry offers painless dental job through different methods.
    3. Do not eat anything once you have brushed your teeth after the dinner.
    4. You should not get too hard on the veneers while brushing the teeth because it can damage them and can also loosen their grip.
    5. In the first sitting the dentists performs a through oral check up.
    6. Thankfully, modern dentistry has discovered new ways which facilitates painless dental job.
    7. As laser treatment does not involves any injections, therefore, the patient does not have to suffer the numbness after the treatment.

Thank you!

AS
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 06-Dec-2014 at 09:13. Reason: Removed quote box to make replies easier

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Please correct these sentences

Welcome to the forum, AS.

For what purpose have you written these sentences?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

I was suppose to submit an article for my assignment and I was told that these sentences are unacceptable. I have ESL and I am unable to figure out what's wrong with these sentences? I would be thankful if someone can correct them and also educate me on what's exactly wrong with these sentences.

Thanks for the welcome!

Ajay

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Did your teacher simply return your assignment with a note that said "These sentences are unacceptable"? Why don't you ask your teacher what was wrong with them?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Did your teacher simply return your assignment with a note that said "These sentences are unacceptable"? Why don't you ask your teacher what was wrong with them?
    It is an online assignment. The note mentioned that these sentences have poor grammar and I am not unable to figure out what is wrong with these sentences. I would appreciate if someone could help me out in this matter.

Thanks,
    Ajay

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by ajaysagar View Post
    Can anyone someone please have a look at the following sentences and correct them?

1. The cost of ​dental laser treatment is slightly higher than the [the cost] of regular dental job work.

2. The good news is that now dentistry now offers painless dental job work through different using a variety of methods.

3. Do not eat anything once you have brushed your teeth after the dinner.

4. You should not get press/brush too hard on the veneers enamel while brushing the your teeth because it can damage them it and can also loosen their grip. (I don't think the enamel on your teeth "grips" on so you need a different phrase.)

5. In At the first sitting appointment, the dentists dentist performs a thorough oral check up.

6. Thankfully, modern dentistry has discovered new ways which facilitates to facilitate painless dental job work.

7. As laser treatment does not involves any injections, therefore, the patient does not have to suffer the numbness after [the] treatment.

Thank you! Unnecessary. Thank us after we have been helpful by using the "Thank" button on each post you find useful.

AS ​Unnecessary. We will address you by your username.
    See above for my suggested corrections. Note that although sometimes "work" and "job" are interchangeable, this is not one of those times. We don't under "dental job", we undergo "dental work" - "work" there is an uncountable noun. Look at your use of articles too. The natural coating of teeth is enamel - veneers are a type of false teeth or a false covering on the teeth. In sentence #4, I assumed you were talking about someone's natural teeth and it is true that you shouldn't rub or brush the enamel too hard when you're brushing your teeth because it can damage the enamel.

To be a little pedantic with sentence #6, "modern dentistry" hasn't discovered anything. It is a non-human entity. Dentists and researchers have discovered these things.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.