Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
hi every one
Please in this sentence S.A.I.C. Says you gave up the consulting gig (part of a tv show) i didn't understand the meaning of consulting gig ( i didn't find the word consulting gig in a dictionary)
Thank you

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
​Hi [STRIKE]every one[/STRIKE] everyone.
[STRIKE]Please[/STRIKE] In this sentence, S.A.I.C. (what does this mean?) says "You gave up the consulting gig" (part of a [STRIKE]tv[/STRIKE] TV show.) I didn't understand the meaning of "consulting gig" (I didn't find the words "consulting gig" in a dictionary.)

Thank you.

You will have trouble with English if you assume that every time you see two words together, they must be a recognised phrase.

A "gig" is another word for work or a short period of work.

Tonight, I have a waitressing gig at a great hotel in town = Tonight, I will work as a waitress at a great hotel in town. (This is clearly a casual, temporary job.)

The person in question used to be a consultant, or worked in consulting. He/She gave up that work.

Note my corrections to your post in red. It is important to follow the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.