Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Dear all,

I translated one document from my french version, and I want to use it on my website, but I am not sure it is correct.

I copy there the file, can someone tell me iif it is good enough to put online for visitors and if it is clos from native ?

Thank you so much

Discover the Japanese calligraphy
Calligraphy, is considered one of the Japanese arts. For a long time the inspirational figures of Japanese calligraphy were Chinese, but with the development of the Japanese syllabary, the art of the archipelago became independent and typically Japanese, and the country produces its own artists.
An art influenced by Zen
Japanese calligraphy was indeed influenced by the Zen movement. It leaves no room for chance, and from a very short set of perfectly controlled movements, we must succeed his work. The art therefore relies heavily on confidence in themselves control of his mind and patience. The brush stroke is usually a testament to the spirit and says a lot about its author. Through Zen, Japanese calligraphy concretized the Japanese aesthetic thought, and his self-control reputation.

And linked to ritual
Calligraphy was also practiced by Buddhist monks, who were working to clean up their mind from negative thinking to let the energy flow guide their hands. This state of mind was called the Mushin (無心), based on Buddhist precepts, who wanted a connection with the spiritual more than the physical.
It is also often observed before a tea ceremony, a moment of observation that calligraphy, because it recalls the self-control as necessary during the ceremony.

The workshop calligraphy with Jap Trivia!
Several possibilities:
1: One hour of calligraphy "Wayoh"
2: Burn his own name on a stone
3: Burn her name, and train an hour calligraphy
4: You need to book in advance, a week is the recommended time

Cheers !

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
This state of mind was called the Mushin (無心)
By Google search, I found that 'Mushin (無心)' is short for 'Mushin no Shin (無心の心)', which means 'mind of no mind' or 'the mind without mind'.

Not a teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.