• Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Question Pronunciations and Accents

Hi,

I am kiran. I am very new to this place. I have a problem in Pronuncing words and in Accents. I've never been taught about all the pronunciations, phonetics and idioms etc,. in my school and colleges. But, i'm always interested in speaking english with corrrect accents and with good pronunciations. I used to read books and magazines to improve my communication skills and i have improved a lot while compared to old days. Help me out in pronuncing words correctly.

Sorry for this very long text. I just want to tell u exactly what my problem is and why i'm here. Please excuse me if i texted any sentence wrongly.

Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Thumbs up Re: Pronunciations and Accents

Quote Originally Posted by kiran123 View Post
    Hi,

I am kiran. I am very new to this place. I have a problem in Pronuncing words and in Accents. I've never been taught about all the pronunciations, phonetics and idioms etc,. in my school and colleges. But, i'm always interested in speaking english with corrrect accents and with good pronunciations. I used to read books and magazines to improve my communication skills and i have improved a lot while compared to old days. Help me out in pronuncing words correctly.

Sorry for this very long text. I just want to tell u exactly what my problem is and why i'm here. Please excuse me if i texted any sentence wrongly.

Hi Kiran,

I also started working on my phonetics. Please see the link below which contains all sounds being used in English and its uses. By practicing that you would be able to speak a word as it should be.

onestopenglish.com/upload/public/attachments/37/osephonemicchart.swf

Also reading newspaper loudly would also help in your clarity of your voice which speaking.

Try to connect with people who speak with you face to face.

I have just joined a business English course in the British Council, Delhi which is the best place for learning and practicing.

Keep connected...

Cheers,

Deepak