Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm a native English speaker and an experienced writer. If you're interested, I can give you some writing tips.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum, GraduateStudent. :hi:

It's great to have you with us. Have a good look around the forum for some threads you can help with.

MaiKhanh26

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this forum. I'm studying English but it isn't good enough especially writing skill.
Nice to see everyone. I hope I can improve my English skill.
(If my comment has grammar any mistake, please help me correct it):)

sammyjankis

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello there! I'm from China, I'm new here as well, where are you from? I'm not 100% sure but I think maybe you should have said ''any grammar mistakes instead of what you actually said!'':)

piyal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hi and welcome. I am also a newbie in here. I would appreciate if you help me make my statement of purpose better. I wouldn't have asked you like this way, but 51 reviews with no replies from the members when I asked to proofread my sop. So I had to ask you personally. As you are a native and an experienced writer, I think your opinion would be a whole lot more helpful. Would you please check my sop and give me some tips?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Hi and welcome. I am also a newbie in here. I would appreciate if you help me make my statement of purpose better. I wouldn't have asked you like this way, but 51 reviews with no replies from the members when I asked to proofread my sop. So I had to ask you personally. As you are a native and an experienced writer, I think your opinion would be a whole lot more helpful. Would you please check my sop and give me some tips?

Just so you know- we're a language discussion forum and not a free proofreading service. People post writing here and some may be checked, but other pieces will not. It depends entirely on the people who come in and how they feel.- it's a volunteer system for all answers. You may have had 51 views, but some of those would not have been humans, but machines scanning the forum, so don't read too much into it. If you want people to read your work, then you stand a better chance if you participate in the forum and become a presence- that way people are more likely to see your posts and help. We get lots of things posted by people looking for a free proofread, but that is no guarantee of anything. People are more likely to open something by someone they know. That's how forums work. And even then, plenty of people never correct writing- teachers tend to get a lot of homework to mark, so in their free time they are more likely to want to discuss issues than correct things. In brief, some things get corrected, but that is a sideline and not the aim of the forum, even if it is what you want. If you want something proofread fast, there are plenty of pay services that will do it.

piyal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I didn't know machine checks the forum. I now understand how it works. Thanks for the intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.