[CV] Can someone help me for the English part of my CV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imkey

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Hi here !

First i want to thanks every people that assist and help others members, i think this is really awsome.
After some research i found this forum and that was exactly what i was looking for.
I try to complete an english version of my current CV (First language is french), and any help for this will be greatly appreciated.

Here are the translations i made, feel free to correct what's wrong or what can be wrintten in the appropriate form.

Single - Belgian - 38 years old
Client oriented • Rigorous • PRINCE2 Certified • Proactive • Driven by results • Autonomous

September 2014 – December 2014 : Implementation of a complex IT infrastructure in several countries
Defining the various KPI and monitor them.
Organize, plan, maintain performance evaluations and coaching for a team of Cloud Consultant.
Provide to the partners a detailed report on the project’s identified risks and status.
Coordinate the resources and implied teams, managing the communications between the management and others departments.
Manage the daily execution of activities, in order to respect the planning and the required quality.
Establish test procedure and take care of their good execution.
Active participation at regulars meetings.

Service desk

Developing tickets relating to the discovered dysfunctions found in the user guide.
Quality control of the process and technical solutions brought to the customers by the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] level operators.
Transmit the reporting to the appropriate level of management.
Design custom reports for end users.
Facilitate the communication between the various departments (Service desk, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Line, Key Users and Service Delivery Managers).

Helpdesk Collaborator

Administration, technical and commercial management of the customer’s account and provided IT services.
Ensure the deployment of solutions for the end users when technical issues are detected regarding their internet connection & phone line.
Troubleshooting network connectivity issues, hardware device problems and performance issues.
Logging tickets, dealing with the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] line resolution team, and keeping the user informed throughout the life cycle of an incident.
Monitoring the customer’s services through the appropriate tools such as OCS, TCMS, SingleView, inspector, and others Belgacom’s internal program.

IT Sales Manager

Ensure shop and stock maintenance, presentation and organization.
Elaborate the different product range according the customer’s needs
Establish positive relationship with residential and commercial customers.
Document the return of damaged, discontinued or expired products.
Provide services and installation of Analog and/or IP-based equipment.
Provide consultancy in installation of end devices such as motion detector, IP camera & CCTV equipment.

Certificates

Graduate as Network Administrator
Graduate in Management *Note* : I don't know how to tell that i just earn a diploma, not a graduation

Trainings
Project Manager ITNetwork systems administration
Enterprise Management

*END*

I hope that someone can help me improve this, and by advance i thanks you all :)

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would think that you would construct an infrastructure, not realize it.

Imkey

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
So you think it's better to use construction instead of realization ?
My goal was to explain what i did in this period, and it was the implementation of an IT infrastructure.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, you construct an infrastructure. You don't realize it. (I'm a bit tired now, and I'm out of time anyhow.)

TTYL

Imkey

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Thanks you
I edited my post regarding this :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Maybe there should be some way the OP would be prevented from editing a post after it has been responded to. :cry:

Maybe I will come back and comment on the text later.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not sure how things work in France but, in the UK, you are under no obligation to give your age and giving your marital status (you wrote "single") is completely irrelevant.

Imkey

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Maybe there should be some way the OP would be prevented from editing a post after it has been responded to. :cry:
Ho, did i make a mystake ? I edited my post so the things that were wrong are not present in the text anymore, but maybe did i something wrong about that ? :eek:

I'm not sure how things work in France but, in the UK, you are under no obligation to give your age and giving your marital status (you wrote "single") is completely irrelevant.

I live in Belgium emsr2d2 ;) In fact, this english part of my CV is for some Belgian company that write theirs applications in english, and theirs offers are writen in english when they seek for a specific emploiee , and this is why i want an english CV of my French one
In belgium a lot of company find this a must have for the emploiee who want to apply to this company.
Yep, i find this non senses but this is what the recrutor look into a CV

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I live in Belgium emsr2d2​. [STRIKE];)[/STRIKE] Don't try to make your own emoticons.

In fact, this English part of my CV is for some Belgian [STRIKE]company[/STRIKE] companies [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] which [STRIKE]write theirs[/STRIKE] demand applications be submitted in English, and [STRIKE]theirs[/STRIKE] their [STRIKE]offers[/STRIKE] job adverts are written in English. [STRIKE]when they seek for a specific emploiee ,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] This is why I want an English version of my CV. [STRIKE]of my French one[/STRIKE]

In Belgium, a lot of companies [STRIKE]find this a must have for the[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]emploiee[/STRIKE] insist on this for anyone who wants to apply to [strike]this[/strike] their company.

[STRIKE]Yep[/STRIKE] I find this [STRIKE]non senses[/STRIKE] nonsensical but this is what the [STRIKE]recrutor[/STRIKE] recruiters look [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] for in a CV.

Please see my multiple corrections above in red. I didn't ask you why you needed an English CV. I had worked out that you needed one for a good reason. My point was that I found it odd that you gave your age and your marital status. Is that obligatory on CVs for jobs in Belgium?

Imkey

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Thanks for those corrections emsr2d2, giving age and marital status is not obligatory but *seems* to be appreciated by the recruiters.
We could see this in lot of CV here in Belgium and in France too, but for sure i think that those recruiters wouldn't delete a CV if age and/or marital status aren't on it.
Concerning the CV itself, do you think that it can be used and send at this current state ? Is there any others mystake or anything else that need improvements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.