1. B45

Can you say: The environment looks amazing! And the salmon must be unbelievably del

Can you say this about a restaurant:

The environment looks amazing! And the salmon must be unbelievably delicious.

VS

The environment looks amazing, and the salmon must be unbelievably delicious.

Are both okay?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Can you say: The environment looks amazing! And the salmon must be unbelievably

We use the word "atmosphere" when describing a restaurant. Also, you might say: "Although I haven't tasted it yet, the salmon looks really good."

3. B45

Re: Can you say: The environment looks amazing! And the salmon must be unbelievably

The atmosphere looks amazing! And the salmon must be unbelievably delicious.

VS

The atmosphere looks amazing, and the salmon must be unbelievably delicious.

It's describing a picture so I want to keep it short. Are both sentences not okay?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

It is hard for me to imagine somebody using the phrase "unbelievably delicious" to describe something they haven't tasted. You might say something like:

Try this restaurant! This atmosphere is wonderful. The food is delicious. Try the salmon. It's to die for!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

How can you conclude from looking at a picture that the salmon must be unbelievably delicious?

5. B45

Because I've had salmon before and the picture of the salmon I'm looking at is thinly sliced and bright orange and that usually means it's fresh and well prepared.

6. B45

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    How can you conclude from looking at a picture that the salmon must be unbelievably delicious?
    That's why I say that it must be... Or should I have used must've been...?

7. B45

I'm looking at my friends pictures on facebook and I leave a comment saying:

The atmosphere looks amazing! And the salmon must've been unbelievably delicious.

VS

The atmosphere looks amazing, and the salmon must've been unbelievably delicious.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I suggest that you say the salmon looks good and you would like to try it. Of course, if you have already had the salmon at that restaurant you could say that.

9. B45

Which can I say:

The atmosphere looks amazing! And the salmon looks delicious.

VS

The atmosphere looks amazing and the salmon looks delicious.

Are both okay?