Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. B45

can this be said: Please compose a new email for every new date and not use the same

can this be said:

Please compose a new email for every new date and not use the same thread because it becomes clustered and the subject title remains the same so...

Does it make sense?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: can this be said: Please compose a new email for every new date and not use the

It doesn't make sense to me. The whole thing I mean, not just "every new date".

3. B45

Re: can this be said: Please compose a new email for every new date and not use the

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me. The whole thing I mean, not just "every new date".
    Could you change it so that it makes sense?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

I don't know what you're trying to say so it's impossible to make it make sense. Give us the information you're trying to impart in shorter, clearer sentences, using different words.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

You talked about e-mail and separate dates, then jumped to thread and subject title. The person reading your message has no idea how the different items are related. There is no logic, one item does not follow from another

What becomes cluttered(not clustered)? Who wrote the message, to whom and for what purpose?

Not a teacher

5. B45

I'm trying to ask my friend to compose a new email with a different subject title because she keeps replying with the same email that I sent her a week ago and it's still has the same subject title.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Please reply your e-mails for a new date on a fresh sheet with a new subject title.
    Do not use write on the same sheet with the same subject title with all the previous mails duplicated.
    This will make it easier for me to sort out and retrieve mails according to date.

Not a teacher

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Batman, you can say "When you reply to my e-mail, please start a new e-mail with a different title in the subject line."

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Ted, "Please reply your e-mails" is incorrect. Also, I have never heard a new e-mail referred to as a "fresh sheet". That sounds like paper.

In addition, "Do not use write on the same sheet" is incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork View Post
    Ted, "Please reply your e-mails" is incorrect. Also, I have never heard a new e-mail referred to as a "fresh sheet". That sounds like paper.

In addition, "Do not use write on the same sheet" is incorrect.
    Mike, why are the sentences incorrect?
    I used 'sheet' which is understood to be an 'electronic sheet' on the computer screen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast