Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
United States
Hi everybody. My English teacher fell at school and broke a few bones in her back a couple months ago and she hasn't been back to school since then and I'm not sure if she will be back soon. (even she doesn't know when she will get back.)
She is my favorite teacher. I feel so sad because she is like my second mom. I love her so much and I really miss her. I thought that writing her a letter would be a good idea but my grammar is so bad!!! I need your help. I want to write her a letter expressing how truely sorry I am for her, that I am praying for her to get better soon, and that I really really miss her. So soooooooo much! I don't want the letter to be formal because we are kinda close and she is super nice and funny. She is about 60 I'd say and I'm a junior in high school. I really want a nice, not really short letter, to show her how much I love and miss her. I would love if you would add quotes and things that will make her feel good. PLEASE HELP.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
We don't write letters for people, monchele. I suspect that even if we did, your teacher would soon realise that you hadn't written it yourself and would wonder about your sincerity.

Your grammar is not bad at all. Write from the heart and keep it short. As she's your English teacher, you can make her feel good by spelling 'truly' right, not using 'kinda' and avoiding writing three exclamation marks together.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree entirely with Rover. Your teacher doesn't want to read a letter we wrote. She wants to receive a letter you wrote yourself and which contains what you want to say. Just write what you really want to tell her. To be honest, she will be so touched and so grateful that you thought to write to her, I am 99.9% certain that she's not going to start criticising your English!

Status
Not open for further replies.