Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi all,
firstly I want to clarify that this email is not homework for school, but (since I've decided to take a certification in english I bought a Cambridge's book and start doing the exercises) it's for make me sure that I'm writing in a good english

Here I've to write an informal email to a person (steve) in reference to another email for: agreeing to help, commenting to sue's idea and suggesting a time and place to meet

Hi steve,

I'm fine thanks. How about Sue and you?
I will be happy to help you to resolve your cash flow problems.

About Sue's idea, I think that if your discounts won't be too high, maybe it could be a good solution; however I prefer to meet you the 1ft November in my office to discute it. Let me know if it work for you.

Best regards

Paul

Is there any sentence that doesn't make sense or other grammar error?
Thanks if you could correct it :) :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all,
Firstly, I want to clarify that this email is not homework for school, but (no bracket required here) since I've decided to take a certification in English​, I bought a Cambridge[STRIKE]'s[/STRIKE] book and started doing the exercises. It's [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to make me sure that I'm writing in [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] good English.

Here, I've to write an informal email to a person (Steve) in reference to another email [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to: agree[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] to help, comment[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] on Sue's idea and suggest[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] a time and place to meet.

Hi Steve,

I'm fine thanks. How about Sue and you? (This is quite informal. You might want to say "How are you and Sue?")
I will be happy to help you to resolve your cash flow problems.

[STRIKE]About[/STRIKE] Regarding Sue's idea, I think that if your discounts won't be too high, [STRIKE]maybe[/STRIKE] it could be a good solution. However, I would prefer to meet you on the [STRIKE]1ft [/STRIKE] 1st of November in my office to [STRIKE]discute[/STRIKE] discuss it. Let me know if [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that works for you.

Best regards

Paul

[STRIKE]Is[/STRIKE] Are there any sentences that [STRIKE]doesn't[/STRIKE] don't make sense or any other grammar errors?
[STRIKE]Thanks if you could correct it :) :)[/STRIKE] All unnecessary. It's clear what you are asking us to do.

See above for my suggested corrections to your email and the rest of your post. Remember to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns (English, Steve, Sue, Italy, Microsoft, Shakespeare etc).
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.