Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hello Folks!

My name is Marc, I am from Germany and i decided to take the First Certificate in English Test on the 13th of march this year.

I am going to prepare myself with old tests i found on the internet.
When it comes to listening and reading excercises with multiple choice it is easy for me because if have all the answer keys.
I can check myself and continue working, what bothers me is the writing part.

I think I am an "okay" writer, although I'd like to get a really high score in the test, I've set myself a goal to improve my writing.

I hope I can upload my scritps ( about 120-190 words) and you help me getting better :)

http://www.learninginstitute.ch/spr...rs-uebungen_2001_www.LearningInstitute.ch.pdf

Page 15, Paper 2, Part 1
Letter to organiser.

January 16, 2015

To whom it may concern: ( i don't know the exact identity; the "organiser" )
Alternative: To the organiser of the "Art in our town" annual exhibiton:

Regarding the "Annual Exhibiton by local artists, Art in our town!".
I am currently staying in Britain and visited your exhibiton.

I have to start of by telling you that I think it is a good idea to make an annual exhibition by local artists.
This way people who like visiting art exhibitions have something they can look forward to and mark in their calenders.
Not only will it improve your count of visitors, you also might make new connections and bondings with people who visit more than once.

However I'd like to point out some things that I noticed during my visit.

First of all, I really enjoyed strolling through your works of art, you have some delightful sculptures and pots.
Despite not all of them being as excellent as you put them in your advertisment, it was a fine collection of works.
Just so you don't make false promises, I would rethink my choice of words for your flyer.

Futhermore, everything a visitor could look at was for sale.
This is great in two ways, art-lovers can take their favorite parts they found with them and ther is a coverage of the financial part of an exhibition.
I hope you take good care of the money I spent on sculptures and pots, I'd like to come again next year to buy more!

Maybe you could choose a different location for next years exhibiton, as I don't see a Town Hall fit for correctly displaying pieces of art.
I think there are a lot of nice places more appropriate for an art exhibiton.

Finally I'd like you to reconsider putting up an entry fee for visitors.
A lot of people are not willing to pay 3.00 Pounds just to look at art.
Your exhibiton would be better visited if it was for free.

Keep up the good work, yours sincerely Marc W.

This is my first ever post, I think i have some faults in using the right tense.

Thank you very much, i will hit every like butte i can find :D

SunnyGreetings from Lake Constanz

Marc

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello Folks!

My name is Marc. I am from Germany, and I decided to take the First Certificate in English Test on the 13th of March this year.

I am going to prepare myself with old tests I found on the Internet.
When it comes to listening and reading excercises with multiple choice it is easy for me because if have all the answer keys
I can check my answers and continue working. What bothers me is the writing part.

I think I am an "okay" writer, although I'd like to get a really high score in the test. I've set myself a goal to improve my writing.

I hope I can upload my scripts ( about 120-190 words), and with your help I'll get better. :)

Please take note of the corrections I made.
:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Page 15, Paper 2, Part 1
Letter to organiser.

January 16, 2015

To whom it may concern: ( i don't know the exact identity; the "organiser" )
Alternative: To the organiser of the "Art in our town" annual exhibition:

Regarding the "Annual Exhibition by local artists, Art in our town!".
I am currently staying in Britain and visited your exhibition.

I have to start off by telling you that I think it is a good idea to have an annual exhibition by local artists.
This way people who like visiting art exhibitions have something they can look forward to and mark in their calenders.
Not only will it improve your count of visitors, you also might make new connections and bondings with people who visit more than once.

However I'd like to point out some things that I noticed during my visit.

First of all, I really enjoyed looking at your works of art. You have some delightful sculptures and pots.
Despite not all of them being as excellent as you advertised, it was a fine collection of works.
Just so you don't make false promises, I would rethink my choice of words for your flyer.

Futhermore, everything a visitor could look at was for sale.
This is great in two ways, art-lovers can take their favorite parts they found with them and there is a coverage of the financial part of an exhibition.
I hope you take good care of the money I spent on sculptures and pots, I'd like to come again next year to buy more!

Maybe you could choose a different location for next year's exhibition, as I don't see a Town Hall fit for correctly displaying pieces of art.
I think there are a lot of nice places more appropriate for an art exhibiton.

Finally I'd like you to reconsider putting up an entry fee for visitors.
A lot of people are not willing to pay 3.00 Pounds just to look at art.
You would get more visitors for your exhibition if it was free.

Keep up the good work. Yours sincerely, Marc W.

Marc

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.