Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Given the reply konungursvia made to my previous post, the additional context of the application of language, (especially as English), rather than just its identity and definition, is obviously necessary for people to truly understand what I wrote before, and therefore understand everything else I have yet to explain and demonstrate, (of what I see, based on my studies of the language).

I am therefore hoping that this post, in combination with the last, will give people enough context to understand and recognise the basic problems we have. I do accept that it will take a couple more posts to fully understand such problems, however.

I'd like to see what you all make of the question I leave you all with, though ;)

My next post can be found here:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Darr...e_Foundations_of_The_English_Language_V11.php

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You say this about thing/things:

the plural is more applicable to the basic concept, due to having multiple sub-categories and types

However, many languages have no singular and plural, so would apply sub-categories in different ways.

DarrenTomlyn

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You say this about thing/things:

However, many languages have no singular and plural, so would apply sub-categories in different ways.

Fair enough - but I can only describe such concepts in English...

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Yes, but it does come in a section entitled The Basic Concepts Of (Human) Language.

Status
Not open for further replies.