• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Sindhi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

How to write "seems to be on the right track" in a better, congratulatory way?

Hello,

There's an innovation team at my workplace (and I'm not part of that team), and they're working on some interesting new ideas. Just a few minutes ago, I came across news that a huge company (in our target customer segment) is working on the same ideas as well. That sort of provides validation to what this innovation team here is doing.

I'm about to write a congratulatory (not explicitly) e-mail while also sharing this news article that I just came across. The subject line I have drafted right now is "<Innovation team name> seems to be on the right track | <Huge company name> validation".

I don't want to sound like a preacher by writing "seems to be on the right track", as I'll also be marking a few very Senior people in our organisation in this e-mail. How do I say it nicely instead?

Any tips on this would be very useful.

TIA.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: How to write "seems to be on the right track" in a better, congratulatory way?

I'd have thought an email should go along the lines of "Uh oh! We've just discovered that the innovations team at [huge company name] is working on the same ideas as we are. We need to make sure we get to patent/market before they do so come on guys, work faster!"
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Sindhi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: How to write "seems to be on the right track" in a better, congratulatory way?

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    I'd have thought an email should go along the lines of "Uh oh! We've just discovered that the innovations team at [huge company name] is working on the same ideas as we are. We need to make sure we get to patent/market before they do so come on guys, work faster!"
    Haha. If only I was one of the Senior Leadership folk in that team. That might come across (to the BIGGIEs here) as sort of authoritative, I presume. Besides, they have applied for patents on a lot of similar ideas; so 'patenting' is 2nd nature to their line of work.

I'm just not sure if "<Innovation team name> seems to be on the right track" would sound nice in the subject line; and so, am looking for a better way to write it. :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

How about <huge company's work> suggests that <innovation team> are definitely on the right track​?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Maybe "It's clear we're concentrating on the right area(s)".
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.