Do you think that books have lost their place in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnas

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi folks,

I'd like to return to this awsome forum proposing this question. I've said "to return" because I have not been posting anything here already so many time. Thereafter, my English is so stuck.

By the way, this is my opinion about the question: I think the books occupy a different position today. In the past, they are the only source information basically. Nowadays, there are several other kinds of way for one gets knowledge. Because this, they are sharing the responsability to made available the education with these other sources such as Internet, Television and so on.

It's it! I'd like to read other point of view. Indeed, I'll appreciate so much every kinds of corrections and suggestions.

piyal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Hi folks,

I'd like to return to this awsome forum proposing this question. I've said "to return" because I have not been posting anything here already so many time. Thereafter, my English is so stuck.

By the way, this is my opinion about the question: I think the books occupy a different position today. In the past, they are the only source information basically. Nowadays, there are several other kinds of way for one gets knowledge. Because this, they are sharing the responsability to made available the education with these other sources such as Internet, Television and so on.

It's it! I'd like to read other point of view. Indeed, I'll appreciate so much every kinds of corrections and suggestions.

You are to a great extent right. But if you want to get into the minute details, books are still your best choice. The recent trend of learning things from internet is not always the best thing, as like media, internet does not always tell you the true story. But on the other hand, internet certainly has made learning fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.