• Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

• Post Thanks / Like

Sentences-Grammatic check

I have translated below sentences into English from Tamil. Please check any grammatical correction.

1. Due to repairs in atomic station, electricty production has been suffered upto 600 MW in North-Chennai

2. Srilankan new President Maithripala Sirisena had been ordered government that to reissue the captured medals and credits from former Army General Sarath Fonseka.
    Last edited by Kumar Nadimuthu; 22-Jan-2015 at 19:01.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sentences-Grammatic check

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar Nadimuthu View Post
    I have translated below the sentences below into English from Tamil. Please check for any grammatical correction errors.

1. Due to repairs in atomic station, electricty production has been suffered upto 600 MW in North-Chennai
    Due to repairs at/of the atomic station, electricity production has suffered in North Chennai, down by up to 600MW.

2. Srilankan new President Maithripala Sirisena had been ordered government that to reissue the captured medals and credits from former Army General Sarath Fonseka.
    The new Sri Lankan president, Mathripala Sirisena, has ordered the government to reissue the ??? medals and credits belong to former Army General Sarath Fonseka.
    See my corrections above. I don't know anything about electricity production so I had to guess at what the actual effect of the repairs was. I don't know if production was reduced by 600MW or reduced to 600MW. In the second sentences, I'm not sure what you meant by "captured medals". Do you mean that Mr Fonseka had some medals and the government took them away from him (and now they have to give them back)?
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 22-Jan-2015 at 23:31. Reason: Fixing typo.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia

• Post Thanks / Like

Yes.Sarath Fonseka had received some medals and credits from the past regime.Ex-President has been suspected that his conspiracy against government.
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 23-Jan-2015 at 10:37. Reason: Deleting unnecessary quote.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

• Post Thanks / Like

If Sarath Fonseka had received things that he didn't deserve from the former regime, then those things should be confiscated from him and not reissued to him.

The atomic station
    should be a nuclear power station, which produces electricity from nuclear power.
    not a teacher
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 23-Jan-2015 at 10:37. Reason: Deleting unnecessary quote.