Academic
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
pls help me to correct it

I am practicing language,because I plan to continue my education next semester.

The different floor plan design, compare between Thai and Japanese

Architecture in each country is different. It is depend on various factors such as lifestyle, social, culture, economy and so on. Compare to other countries in Asia, Japanese house is the one which have unique characteristic. In this essay, I will explain what difference between Japanese and Thai house plan

1. Sharing space: corridor/ living area / kitchen
- For this area, in Japanese house, after you take you shoe off, you will find a step to go up to corridor, but in Thai, we don't have any step. We separate between foyer and corridor only by material, no step.
- Then, from corridor if you want to go to living room, you need to open a door first, while Thai floor plan, the corridor is linked to living room, no door. Air and lighting can flow from living area to corridor. Maybe because of cold weather, so Japanese house must have the door in order to separate each area. As a result, corridor in this plan, lack of natural light.

2. Bedroom
If we compare between Thai and Japanese floor plan by the same total area, housing unit in Japan is divided into many small bedrooms more than Thai. It is smaller than Thai bedroom. As we known that, Japanese sleep on Futon which place on floor, it is folded and keep in a cupboard after they use it. Then use the floor for other activity such as living, eating etc. Furniture in bedroom is designed by eye level when user sits down on the floor while Thai is different.
Thai usually sleep on a bed which is designed in standard size relate to western human scale. It is quite big, rigid object, as a result we have to prepare big bedroom for it.

3. Toilet
From floor plan, we can see that Japanese separate flush from toilet .It's good if one want to use flush and one want to take a bath at the same time. While Thai group flush and shower area together and prepare private toilet within master bedroom which separate from other because one who live in this room is the most senior. It very convenience if we have toilet more than one because another one can use another toilet at the same time .You can imagine that everybody must go out to work or study as fast as they can in the morning because of traffic and some family, they go together by the same car. Compare between Japanese and Thai, no need bathtub for Thai because weather in Thailand is quite hot, only shower is enough. For washing machine, Thai floor plan, it is placed it in kitchen area which is not suitable much. Smoke when we cook can make our clothes that we prepare for washing dirty.

4. Tatami room
Tatami room is the one of Japanese house characteristics. In this case, Tatami room is an extra room that may use for dinning, hang out with friends, or space for visitor who want stay overnight. In Thailand, if we have space enough, we will turn it to study room or mini office.

5. Balcony
At balcony, In Japan, designer must prepare fire exit in this area by make a hole at floor and connect each floor by use fold able ladder, while Thai is not. However, both Thai and Japanese use this area for dry their cloth.

6. Kitchen
In this case, kitchen in Thai floor plan is located in front of the room . It is different form the past that kitchen must locate outside the house because smoke. Because ,nowadays, we can buy food from market, warm it by microwave, so no need to separate it anymore.

In conclusion, I believe that floor plan can represent user's life-style ,social, culture and weather for Each country . For example, for the door that block between corridor and living area, because of weather in Japan is quite cold than Thailand. If you are foreigner ,you should to adapt yourself to new house, or adapt you new house suitable for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
pls help me to correct it.Please help me correct my English.

I am practicing language,because I plan to continue my education next semester.I am practising my English because I plan to further my
studies next semeste
r.

The different floor plan design, compare between Thai and Japanese. The differences between Thai and Japanese House Layout

Architecture in each country is different. It is depend on various factors such as lifestyle, social, culture, economy and so on. Compare to other countries in Asia, Japanese house is the one which have unique characteristic. In this essay, I will explain what difference between Japanese and Thai house plan

The architecture in each country is different. It depends on various factors, such as the lifestyle, people, culture, economy, etc. of a country. Compared to houses in other Asian countries, the typical Japanese house has unique characteristics. I will make a comparison here between the typical Japanese house and the typical Thai house.

- For this area, in Japanese house, after you take you shoe off, you will find a step to go up to corridor, but in Thai, we don't have any step. We separate between foyer and corridor only by material, no step.
- Then, from corridor if you want to go to living room, you need to open a door first, while Thai floor plan, the corridor is linked to living room, no door. Air and lighting can flow from living area to corridor. Maybe because of cold weather, so Japanese house must have the door in order to separate each area. As a result, corridor in this plan, lack of natural light.

1. Common Areas: Foyer, corridor, living area and kitchen **

In the typical Japanese house, after removing your shoes at the foyer, you go up a step into the corridor. There is no step in the Thai house. The transition from the foyer to the corridor is marked by a change of materials.

In the Japanese house, you go through a door from the corridor to the living room whereas there is no door in the Thai house. The door is required to separate the corridor from the living area for keeping warm, due to the cold climate in Japan. But this also cuts off the natural lighting to the living area.

**Note: The name and order of the spaces as your enter the house is not clear. The corridor outside the house is called the verandah. The foyer/hall should be inside the house. When you say 'foyer', do you mean the entrance porch? What about the main door?

(to be continued)

not a teacher

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I am going to compare the floor plans of Thai and Japanese houses.

The architecture in each country is different. It depends on various factors such as lifestyle, social status, culture, economics and so on. Compared to other countries in Asia, Japanese houses have unique characteristics. In this essay, I will explain the differences between Japanese and Thai house plans.

You could also say:

Compared to those in other Asian countries, Japanese houses have unique characteristics.​

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

- For this area, in Japanese houses, after you take your shoes off, you will find a step to go up to a corridor, but in Thailand we don't have any step. We separate between foyer and corridor only by material, no step.
- Then, from corridor (Japanese) if you want to go to living room, you need to open a door first, while with a Thai floor plan, the corridor is linked to living room, no door. Air and light can flow from living area to corridor. Maybe because the climate is different in Japan (It's colder) Japanese houses must have a door [STRIKE]in order[/STRIKE] to separate each area. As a result, corridor in this plan, lack of natural light.

Got to go!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
2. Bedrooms

If we compare [STRIKE]between [/STRIKE]Thai and Japanese house floor plans [STRIKE]by [/STRIKE] with the same total floor area, the [STRIKE]housing unit[/STRIKE] houses in Japan [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] are divided into many small bedrooms, more so than the Thai houses. [STRIKE]It is [/STRIKE]The typical Japanese bedroom is smaller than the Thai bedroom. As we known[STRIKE] that[/STRIKE], the Japanese sleep on Futon, which is placed on the floor. It is folded and [STRIKE]keep[/STRIKE] kept in a cupboard after [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] use [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE]. Then[STRIKE] use[/STRIKE] the [STRIKE]floor[/STRIKE] area is used for other activit[STRIKE]y[/STRIKE]ies such as living, eating etc. The furniture in the bedroom is designed [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] based on the eye level when the user sits down on the floor while[STRIKE] Thai[/STRIKE] it is different in the Thai house.
The Thai usually sleeps on a bed which is designed [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to a standard size [STRIKE]relate[/STRIKE]according to western human scale. It is quite a [STRIKE]big, rigid object[/STRIKE] bulky item, [STRIKE]as a result we have to prepare[/STRIKE] which requires a bigger bedroom [STRIKE]for it[/STRIKE].

3. [STRIKE]Toilets[/STRIKE] Bathrooms

From the floor plan, we can see that the Japanese separate[STRIKE] flush[/STRIKE] the water closet from [STRIKE]toilet[/STRIKE] the bathroom. It's good if one wants to use [STRIKE]flush[/STRIKE] the water closet and [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] another wants to take a bath at the same time. [STRIKE]While[/STRIKE]Whereas the Thais [STRIKE]group[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]flush [/STRIKE] have the water closet and shower area together and [STRIKE]prepare[/STRIKE] have a [STRIKE]private toilet[/STRIKE] an ensuite bathroom within the master bedroom [STRIKE]which separate from other[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]because one who live in this room is the most senior[/STRIKE] for the master of the house. It is very convenience [STRIKE]if we[/STRIKE] to have [STRIKE]toilet[/STRIKE] more than one bathroom [STRIKE]because another one can use another toilet[/STRIKE] so that more than one person can use at the same time .[STRIKE]You can imagine that everybody must go out to work or study as fast as they can in the morning because of trmaffic and some family, they go together by the same car[/STRIKE]. This is necessary because everybody needs to rush to go to work or study in the morning to beat the morning traffic congestion.[STRIKE]
Compare between Japanese and Thai, no need bathtub for
[/STRIKE]The Thai people do not need the bathtub because the weather in Thailand is quite hot, only the shower is enough.[STRIKE] For [/STRIKE] The washing machine in the Thai floor plan is placed [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] in the kitchen area which is not really suitable [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]Smoke when we cook[/STRIKE] The smoke from the cooking can [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE][STRIKE] our[/STRIKE] soil the[STRIKE] clothes[/STRIKE]
washing further [STRIKE]that we prepare for washing dirty[/STRIKE].

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
A floor plan is a drawing showing the layout of a building/house.
A layout is the arrangement of spaces in a building.
So it is more accurate to say that you are comparing the layout of two types of houses instead of comparing the house plans.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
4. Tatami room

The tatami room is[STRIKE] the one of[/STRIKE] another feature of the typical Japanese house[STRIKE] characteristics[/STRIKE].[STRIKE]In this case[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Tatami room[/STRIKE] It is an extra room that may be used for din[STRIKE]n[/STRIKE]ing, hanging out with friends or as a [STRIKE]space for visitor who want stay overnight[/STRIKE] guest room. In Thailand, if we have [STRIKE]space [/STRIKE]enough space, we will turn it[STRIKE] to[/STRIKE] into a study room or mini-office.

5. Balcony

[STRIKE]At balcony,[/STRIKE] In Japan, the designer must [STRIKE]prepare [/STRIKE] provide a fire exit in [STRIKE]this area[/STRIKE] the balcony by [STRIKE]make [/STRIKE] making a hole [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] through the floor and connecting [STRIKE]each[/STRIKE] the ladder to the next floor by [STRIKE]use[/STRIKE] using a foldable ladder. [STRIKE]while Thai is not [/STRIKE] This is not a requirement in Thailand. However, both the Thais and the Japanese use [STRIKE]this [/STRIKE] the balcony area for drying [STRIKE]their cloth.[/STRIKE] clothes.

6. Kitchen

[STRIKE]In this case[/STRIKE], The kitchen in Thai [STRIKE]floor plan[/STRIKE] house is located i[STRIKE]n front of the room[/STRIKE] at the front of the house . It is different from houses in the past [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] where the kitchen must be located outside the house because of the smoke from the cooking. [STRIKE]Because,nowadays, we can buy food from market, warm it by microwave, so no need to separate it anymore. [/STRIKE] This is because Japanese people nowadays mostly buy ready-packed food from the market and heat it up for their meals in the microwave oven, so there is no need to have the kitchen separate from the house.

[STRIKE]In conclusion, I believe that floor plan can[/STRIKE] The floor layout of a house represents [STRIKE]user's[/STRIKE] the owner's lifestyle ,social status, culture and[STRIKE] weather for Each [/STRIKE] the climate of the country . For example, [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE]the door [STRIKE]that block[/STRIKE] between corridor and living area is provided because of [STRIKE]weather [/STRIKE] the colder climate in Japan [STRIKE]is quite cold than Thailand[/STRIKE]. If you are foreigner, you should adapt yourself to the new house, or [STRIKE]adapt [/STRIKE] modify your new house [STRIKE]suitable for [/STRIKE]to suit you

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You could also say:

Japanese houses have unique characteristics that other Asian houses do not have.

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

As a result, corridor in this plan, lack of natural light.

Instead, say:

Because of that, the corridors lack natural light.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Moodevil, I suggest that you use the suggestions you have so far and post the revised essay on this thread (after this post). Then if there are still errors, one of us will suggest the changes that we think should be made.

moodevil

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Ohh...
Thank you very much for your help!
:-D:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Unless it is too much trouble, I would like you to put the revised essay in one post. Then we can see what it looks like. If I think there are still changes that need to be made, I will tell you what I think they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.