Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. B45

Does this short paragraph makes sense at all? I look in the mirror and see my flaws,

Does this short paragraph makes sense at all?

I look in the mirror and see my flaws, while others look in the mirror and play God. I havenít followed a faith for decades, but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thy(me). I live in a society where freedom and choice are what lies in the foundation of its constitution. Donít make me slave of your single belief while you carry your red flags trying to fix a broken system that can never be fixed. You donít understand how the head got there but only watch its manifestation like blindfolded pawns being lead to a battle that canít be won because itís against yourselves. Our stands may differ and it may forever be so, but as nature takes us away from here, ask yourselves, what have you done for the human existence.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does this short paragraph makes sense at all? I look in the mirror and see my fl

Quote Originally Posted by Batman45 View Post
    Does this short paragraph makes make sense at all?

I look in the mirror and see my flaws, while others look in the mirror and play God. I havenít followed a faith for decades, but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thy(me).(I don't get this. Thyme is a herb.) I live in a society where freedom and choice are what lies lie in at the foundation of its constitution. Donít make me a slave of to your single belief while you carry your red flags trying to fix a broken system that can never be fixed. You donít understand how the head got there but only watch its manifestation like blindfolded pawns being lead led to a battle that canít be won because itís against yourselves. Our stands may differ and it may forever be so, but as nature takes us away from here, ask yourselves, what have you done for the human existence.
    Note my changes above, in red. I can't say it "makes sense" to me but that's because I just don't really understand what you're getting at. On that basis, I have only changed the grammatical/spelling errors. I don't get the "thy(me)" part at all.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

3. B45

Re: Does this short paragraph makes sense at all? I look in the mirror and see my fl

but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thy. - Doesn't thy alsomean me?

What I'm trying to say is that we are all human and have flaws so instead of judging one another about our choices in life why not start with ourselves and make the world a better place.

I look in the mirror and see my faults, while others look in the mirror and play God. I haven’t followed a faith for decades, but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thy (me?).(I don't get this. Thyme is a herb.) I live in a society where freedom and choice are what
    lie at the foundation of its constitution. Don’t make me a slave to your single belief while you carry your red flags trying to fix a broken system that can never be fixed. You don’t understand how the head got there but only watch its manifestation like blindfolded pawns being led to a battle that can’t be won because it’s against yourselves. Our stands may differ and it may forever be so, but as nature takes us away from here, ask yourselves, what have you done for human existence.

You are true. I am sick. Judge me more, hypocrites. I'm still here loving and laughing each and every moment of my life. Howbeit, I have changed and will continue to grow to become a better man.

I've added the underlined part. Please take a look at it. Thanks!
    Last edited by B45; 29-Jan-2015 at 01:03.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

• Post Thanks / Like

...judgements are upon thee.(the old 3rd pronoun for 'you').

not a teacher

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Note my changes above, in red. I can't say it "makes sense" to me but that's because I just don't really understand what you're getting at. On that basis, I have only changed the grammatical/spelling errors. I don't get the "thy(me)" part at all.
    Hello, teacher
    I have a question that I don't understand.
    Please look at below sentence which I quoted from the top at this topic.
    Does this short paragraph makes sense at all?

at all = nothing
    In this sentence, If I omit at all, it's make sense for me.
    But,If I keep the at all at this sentence, the sentence doesn't mean make sense.

Please explain to me, thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

In that use, "at all" means "in any way".

5. B45

How does the whole paragraph look to you MikeNewYork? Do you understand it and know the message I'm trying to convey?

I look in the mirror and see my faults, while others look in the mirror and play God. I haven’t followed a faith for decades, but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thee (me?).(I don't get this. Thyme is a herb.) I live in a society where freedom and choice are what lie at the foundation of its constitution. Don’t make me a slave to your single belief while you carry your red flags trying to fix a broken system that can never be fixed. You don’t understand how the head got there but only watch its manifestation like blindfolded pawns being led to a battle that can’t be won because it’s against yourselves. Our stands may differ and it may forever be so, but as nature takes us away from here, ask yourselves, what have you done for human existence. You are true. I am sick. Judge me more, hypocrites. I'm still here loving and laughing each and every moment of my life. Howbeit, I have changed and will continue to grow to become a better man.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

If you are referring to yourself "thee" is wrong. It should be "me". What is the reference to Thyme about?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

I think I finally worked out that there was a space missing. The OP meant, I think, to write:

... his judgements are upon thy (me?).
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

8. B45

How does the whole paragraph sound to y'all? Do you understand it and know the message I'm trying to convey?

I look in the mirror and see my faults, while others look in the mirror and play God. I haven’t followed a faith for decades, but the God I know is there, and his judgments are upon thy (me?).(I don't get this. Thyme is a herb.) I live in a society where freedom and choice are what lie at the foundation of its constitution. Don’t make me a slave to your single belief while you carry your red flags trying to fix a broken system that can never be fixed. You don’t understand how the head got there but only watch its manifestation like blindfolded pawns being led to a battle that can’t be won because it’s against yourselves. Our stands may differ and it may forever be so, but as nature takes us away from here, ask yourselves, what have you done for human existence. You are true. I am sick. Judge me more, hypocrites. I'm still here loving and laughing each and every moment of my life. Howbeit, I have changed and will continue to grow to become a better man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast