Problems with Verbs... (Part 3of my blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You are just repeating the junk science you have read on the Internet. If you go back hundreds of thousands of years you will find great variations in the earth's temperature. We are nowhere near the warmest, nor the coldest. The biggest effect on the earth's temperature is...wait for it...wait for it...the sun.

For the rest of the questions at the end, you keep typing a lot of words that have little meaning.

DarrenTomlyn

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You are just repeating the junk science you have read on the Internet. If you go back hundreds of thousands of years you will find great variations in the earth's temperature. We are nowhere near the warmest, nor the coldest. The biggest effect on the earth's temperature is...wait for it...wait for it...the sun.

For the rest of the questions at the end, you keep typing a lot of words that have little meaning.

Wrong - the biggest EFFECT upon climate CHANGE - is the amount of energy put into the atmosphere in TOTAL - such as various gasses released into the atmosphere - either due to volcanic/tectonic activity, biological activity, or our own activities - which are also taking energy from within the planet and putting it into the atmosphere - causing it to warm up.

The climate would not exist if not for the sun, no - but the changes in energy output of the sun that we know of, do not affect the climate to that degree purely by itself!

If the energy total of the entire climate system is A, the input from the sun B, and A>B, then the sun cannot be fully responsible! If the increase of A is greater than any changes in B, then the energy must be coming from somewhere else! The ONLY reason we've been ahving problems understanding what's going on, is because of the difficulty in measuring the entire energy contained within the system as a whole. The more accurate the reading, the greater the amount of A, and the greater of increase in A, over B.

Hence the amount of energy we're placing into the system by burning fuel that's been sealed underground for millennia...

The law of energy conservation is basic physics...

------------

If you don't understand the logical ramifications of the content of your own messages, then I'm not the problem.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You have a lot of opinions, but no proof. There is a lot of evidence that the earth is entering a cooling period. That does not jibe with your "theory". You sound like Al Gore.

Last edited:

DarrenTomlyn

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You have a lot of opinions, but no proof. There is a lot of evidence that the earth is entering a cooling period. That does not jibe with your "theory". You sound like Al Gore.

If that were true the temperature records would support it - which they don't. There have been record temperatures all over the world over the past couple of decades - and they're increasing, not decreasing. Again, it is getting warmer - just because the RATE of change isn't being affected much, doesn't mean it isn't increasing in general.

If the global temperature reflected the sun activity as it must if that were the only cause - we'd be in the middle of an ice-age right now, based on past records and evidence.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/service/global/lo-hem/201501.gif

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/service/global/glob/201501.gif

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I disagree with your analysis and so do the real data. That said, this is a language forum, and I fear that we have drifted off course. By the looking at the number of people participating in this thread, my guess is that the other members are bored. As a matter of fact, I am bored.

DarrenTomlyn

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The links I gave you above IS the data you disagree with - it has nothing to do with me or any opinion I might have, except that it's based upon the data we have from all the sensors and temperature monitoring stations around the world, including satellites.

You understand who the NOAA is, right, and the equipment they have access to? Would you prefer a link to the UK's met office, saying the same thing?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/news/2015/variations-rate-global-warming

If you start to disagree with with the data received by pure science, then it's not science that's wrong...

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Climate change is for another forum; let's stick to manners of use for pieces of information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.