Design criteria for architecture in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodevil

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Please help me correct my English.I am practising my English because I plan to further my
studies next semester. I hope you are not bore yet.
I will have an examination soon!

Essay Design criteria for architecture in the future.

In order to design a good architecture for the future, there are 3 aspects that I think architectural should be concerned.

1. Sustainability
Sustainability is important because everything that we action and pursue today will us in the future. We need to think more and more before we start to do something to avoid limiting the choice of next generations. To design sustainable architecture, we need to concern about ecological, climate, user, energy efficiency, material efficiency and water efficiency.

One of a sustainable architecture in Japan that I am interested is ACROS Fukuoka. It was designed by Emilio Ambasz & Associates, architecture firm from New York.

This commercial building have two opposite façade characteristic: one side looks like commercial building, but on the other side there is big green terraced roof that integrate with the park. The garden terraces contain some 35,000 plants from 76 species. This green roof not only reduces the energy consumption of a building by keeping the inside temperature more stable and comfortable, but also capture rainwater runoff, and support the life of in sects and birds.

The green building is located in financial district. Serve public's need by open green space. Each terrace floor contains a spots for meditation, relaxation while spaces under the roof terraces are mixed use such as office, conference facilities, museum and theater.

Human behavior

It will be better, if architect design architectures by concern human behavior. For example- House for all, the house that Toyo Ito designed for Tsunami victim. He provides a sharing space. It can rebuild the community spiritually because we are social animal, we want somebody to talk with, to share with when we have problem. House for all is a gathering place that victim can eat together, meet each other, do some activities together, serving as important nodes in a society.

In my country, sharing space play important role for community. It can make community sustain. For example, once time I use to work for a poor community. We want to build sustainable community by architecture. The process that we did is,

Firstly, we need to find some public problems that everyone realizes such as garbage on street in community, problem from children that nobody look after in the afternoon because their parents go to work.

Secondly, we plan to solve this problem by integrate that 2 problems together. We ask children to collect this garbage and turn it to money to co-op, and then co-op sells it to government.

Finally, everyone come to build a small co-op in for garbage store and the place that children can turn it to money. At the same time, we support community to set organization– who can be a leader in order to build this building, who can be treasurer, who can find construction material.

From this process, everyone knows each other more. From people who never talk with their neighbor, now everything is change. That why sharing space can make strong community.

3.Atmosphere that effect to human perception.
Atmosphere refers to the sensorial qualities that a space emits. Architects should complete their work by concern about atmosphere such as light, material, sound etc. One of the good samples is Thermal Bath, designed by Peter Zumthor. This bath was designed by concern all of human perceptions. There are a lot of bath rooms – some bath rooms are dark, some bath rooms are bright, some bath rooms are dim, some of it have aroma smell and some of it have sound eco if you speak something in that bath room. There are various temperature – some baths is hot, some bath are cold.

In conclusion, if we want to design a house for the future, I think it is too difficult to concern all aspects that I mention above and put all idea in your one building. However, if we can do it. I believe that the building must be perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Please help me correct my English.(space after a period)I am practising my English because I plan to further my
studies next semester. I hope you are not bored [STRIKE]yet[/STRIKE][STRIKE].[/STRIKE]
I will have an examination soon!

[STRIKE]Essay [/STRIKE]Design Criteria for Architecture in(of) the future.

In order to design [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] good architecture for the future, there are [STRIKE]3[/STRIKE] three aspects that I think architectu[STRIKE]ral[/STRIKE]ects should be concerned with:

1. Sustainability

Sustainability is important because everything that we [STRIKE]action[/STRIKE] do and pursue today will affect us in the future. We need to think more carefully [STRIKE]and more[/STRIKE] before we start to [STRIKE]do [/STRIKE] design and build something to [STRIKE]avoid limiting the choice of next generations. [/STRIKE] preserve the environment and natural resources for the sake of the future generations. To design sustainable architecture, we need to [STRIKE]concern[/STRIKE] consider the [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] ecology[STRIKE]ical[/STRIKE], climate, user(what about the user?), energy efficiency, material efficiency and water efficiency.

One fine example of [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] sustainable architecture in Japan that I am interested in is ACROS Fukuoka. It was designed by Emilio Ambasz & Associates, an architectural firm from New York.

This commercial building [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has two opposite façades [STRIKE]characteristic[/STRIKE] of different characters : one side looks like a commercial building, but on the other side there is big green[STRIKE] terraced [/STRIKE]roof garden that [STRIKE]integrate with[/STRIKE] is part of [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a park. The garden terraces [STRIKE]contain[/STRIKE] are planted with some 35,000 plants from 76 species. This green roof not only reduces the energy consumption of a building by keeping the inside temperature more stable and comfortable, but also capture rainwater runoff (,) and [STRIKE]support the life of[/STRIKE] (serve as a habitat for)insects and birds.

The green building is located in the financial district. It serves the public's need [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] for open green space. Each terrace [STRIKE]floor[/STRIKE] level [STRIKE]contains[/STRIKE] is provided with [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]spots for meditation and relaxation while spaces under the roof terraces are designated for mixed use such as office, conference facilities, museum and theater.

not a teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.