• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

About my english problem

I am out of sync wherever I starts speaking in englisg. may be my grammar section is weak. before speaking english sometimes I need to convert sentence in my mother tongue. . then after I m able to speak.. bt I really want to become good in english because it looses my confidence. . please help me.. thanks..
    Last edited by freebird15; 01-Feb-2015 at 11:02.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: About my english problem

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Freebird:

1. I think that the first thing to do is always capitalize the word "English."

2. Also, always check a good dictionary before posting. "Sink" should be "sync"; "grammer" should be "grammar"; and "week" should be "weak."

3. Don't feel bad about thinking in Hindi before speaking English. I believe that many people think in their first language before speaking in a foreign language. Little by little, you will not have to do that.

4. Immerse (surround) yourself as much as possible in English. Do English-speaking tourists visit your city? I have read that young people often offer to help tourists in exchange for the opportunity to practice their English.

5. Above all: READ English every day. And read it out loud to yourself.

James
    Last edited by TheParser; 31-Jan-2015 at 15:22. Reason: formatting

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by freebird15 View Post
    I am out of sync uncomfortable wherever whenever I starts start speaking in English. may be It might be because my grammar section is weak. Sometimes, before speaking English, sometimes I need to convert sentences into my mother tongue then and after that I'm able to speak. bt I really want to become good in at English because it looses would help my confidence. Please help me. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum.

Even though your question is about speaking English, it is important for you to understand the rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
    - End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

The answer to your question simply lies in practice. The more you speak, the more confident you will become. Find a native English speaker to practice with. Find a local language group. Listen to an English-speaking radio station whenever you can. Try to watch TV broadcast in English. As The Parser said, simply reading aloud in your own home can help. Almost everybody translates sentences into their native language when they first start using a foreign language.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

This is natural, you may call it as hesitation. If you want to be a good English speaker (or even writer) just jump into it. We all make mistakes but we should better learn from them until we become perfect.