1. B45

I know I could give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world can't give her. And

I know I could give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world can't give her. And that's my heart.

vs

I know I can give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world can't give her. And that's my heart.

vs

I know I could give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world couldn't give her. And that's my heart.

Are all there okay?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: I know I could give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world can't give her.

All three are grammatically correct. "Can" is right if Lisa has accepted you and "could" if not.

There's a fourth possibility: I know I can give her what other guys couldn't. That would argue your case forcefully.

By the way, could you tell us what that missing point zero zero one is in the fourth case? It would be so useful to know

3. B45

Re: I know I could give Lisa what 99.999% of the guys in this world can't give her.

Yes! Never know, maybe a maniac or zombie might rip out my heart, and I doubt I'd care or even have the ability to care what happens to my heart then.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Actually, none of them can give her your heart, so you could up the figure to 100%.