Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi, my daughter is graduating from her kindergarten next month. Following is her speech for the graduation ceremony. Could you please see if there are some grammatical errors?
Thank you in advance.

[FONT=맑은 고딕]My dear friends and my teachers. It seems like it was only yesterday when we all met together here at XXXX School. But, many years have passed and I realize that it is time for us to say goodbye to each other. [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Looking back the time, we spent together, I have good memories of learning English, performing musicals, going to field trips, and many other fun activities we did together. I will never forget the great time we had at XXXX School.[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕] [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Soon I will be a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] grade student, and I am so excited about it. On behalf of all XXXX graduates, I would like to say,” Thank you” to our parents and teachers for giving us this wonderful opportunity in studying here at XXXX School.[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕] [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Thank you.[/FONT]

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
My dear friends and [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] teachers, It seems like [STRIKE]it was[/STRIKE] only yesterday [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] that we all first met [STRIKE]together[/STRIKE] here at XXXX School. But, many years have passed since and I realize that it is time for us to say goodbye to each other.
Looking back at the time we spent together, I have good (fond) memories of learning English, performing musicals, going to field trips, and many other fun activities we did together. I will never forget the great time we have had at XXXX School.

Soon I will be a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] grade student, and I am so excited about it. On behalf of all XXXX graduates, I would like to say,” Thank you” to our parents and teachers for giving us this wonderful opportunity [STRIKE]in [/STRIKE] to study[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] here at XXXX School.

not a teacher

Last edited:

84volvo

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you, tedmc.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Wow, your 4-year-old daughter is giving a speech in a non-native tongue! That is very impressive!

84volvo

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you, emsr2d2. She's just turned 6 last month, and she has been enjoying learning English so much for the past 3 years.

enity234

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The speech is really impressive dear. I will teach my kid also to write down such a wonderful speech for his graduation speech. I am sure you guys will help me also in that. I will share the speech here with you in just few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is kindergarten really many years in that school?

Status
Not open for further replies.