Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Hello everyone,

I'am Tiffany and I'am from Belgium. I have to give my Erasmus letter for tomorrow but in my entourage nobody is good enough in English to correct my letter.

Pleas could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Tiffany

Dear Madam Beulens,

I’am writing to you in order to apply and to express my strong interest for a place at the Erasmus student program exhcange for the upcoming academic year 2015-2016. I’am hoping to study for one semester abroad as an exchange student.
My name is Tiffany Nauts, I’am 20 years old and I’am in my second year of the Bachelor ‘International Trade’. I plan to bield a career abroad as an independent in the fashion world. Further, after, my senior year at EPHEC, I would like to master to complete my training. I worked for two years without respites to obtain sufficiently good grades to be able to go on Erasmus that I hope sufficient.

According to my knowledge and what I have learned in two years ; I have choose an option who requesting to know and be interested in the rest of the world. To be more precise, I have learned during classes that doing international business is not an easy game ; we have to learn about the other culturs, the differences, the languages to build a strong business. I want to be as most as possible prepared for the time when I will launch my own business. We have also learned that we live in a fast-moving society and the exchange can permit to unterdstand this point more deeper.

Therefore, I believe that this exchange can make me a better person an more open-minded person and change my self in the good way.
Moreover, I’am already an independant person. In fact, I live alone without my parents and I work every time I can to pay my rent but I’am still in my comfort zone. I think that to go overseas, can be a really good challenge to step outside my comfort zone, to become more independant and to know what is the value of the money and how much is it preciously for other people in another countries. I really want to know about the others lifestyles, cultures, opinions but also mentalities . This exchange, will, I’m sure, enrich me in two ways : acadamicaly and personnaly.

An important point is for me to improve my skills in languages more over in English but I also want to learn a new language such as the Spanish who is the 3th language speak in the world. The knowledge of this language can be a major asset to the business.
I would like to know that I have the opporutiny (and I’m going to take this opportunity) to learn this langauge by correspondence courses but it not as informative as in a real context. Indeed, in the country itself and with the contacts of its inhabitants, I would learn more easily (and more correct and thorough) the language and gradually I will become familiar therewith.

For this exchange, I have several favorite destinations, I will explain each of them in a few words.

The first university I chose to apply for is the ISB located in Budapest, Hungary.
Indeed, I inquired about the many students who went there in order to have all the information needed. I quickly realized that the capital city Budapest was for me the opportunity to discover a new city and new people with profoundly different cultures. While improving my English and visit the surrounding countries , ie the Scandinavian countries, because Budapest is a very good starting point for visiting neighboring countries. IBS offer an extensive range of differnts courses like « international marketing ». Moreover, IBS is related to the Oxford University in England. it helps between-other to have a good level of English inside the school.

The second university I chose to apply for is Villanueva located in Madrid in Spain. I love this place, I have been already in Madrid about four times in a few years. Villanueva offers a comprehensive curriculum and as said above could allow me to learn a new language (Spanish).

FInaly, I’am also interrested to study at IADE-U Institute of Arte, Design and Enterprise – University at Lisboa in Portugal. The school has a plus, according to me... She his more creative-oriented and more focused in the marketing courses, who interrested me.
I was also intressted, to do a student exchange in Riverside but unfortunately for money matters I would not be able to do it.

By submitting this request letter I hope to have informed you sufficiently on relevant reasons I want to make a Erasmus as well as my preferences for destinations. I’am of course, always willing to listen and ready to learn about others destinations.
I really hope I will get invited for an personal interview so I can explain my motivation in person.

Yours faithfully,

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
I would like to point out that I'm not qualified to correct mistakes in this sort of thing, since I'm not native, but I'm pretty sure that you have to use "Yours faithfully" only when you don't know the name of the person, that is, when you write "Dear Sir or Madam,". In this case you'd use something like "Yours sincerely".

At least those are the rules that I follow when writing a letter.

Last edited:

Power English

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would like to point out that I'm not qualified to correct mistakes in this sort of thing, since I'm not native, but I'm pretty sure that you have to use "Yours faithfully" only when you don't know the name of the person, that is, when you write "Dear Sir or Madam,". In this case you'd use something like "Yours sincerely".

At least those are the rules that I follow when writing a letter.

Correct.

When being taught this we we're always told never to mix S with S. ie. do not address a letter to Sirs or Sir/Madam and sign it off with sincerely[url="http://www.power-english.co.uk].[/url] I always remembered it as, one cannot be sincere if they do not know the person to whom they are writing. I always remembered that one must have faith that the letter will reach an appropriate person when the addressee is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.