[Essay] People nowadays spend too much time paying attention to the lives of famous people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinemaniac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hey everyone,

I'm preparing for my toefl exam and I want someone to give me a feedback on my writing also to score me. thanks in advance

Read and consider the following statement:

People nowadays spend too much time paying attention to the lives of famouspeople. They would be better off spending that time on more productivepursuits.Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why? Be sure to includedetails and examples in your answer.

People can find themselves while spending so much time to watch magazine programs, reading magazine segments in newspapers or surfing about celebrities on the internet. This can be a modern way trouble for society. I agree that people can use their time efficiently instead of wasting their time on useless gossip.

To begin with, the lives of celebrities should not be our business. It is a private life. I am sure if people were in their shoes, they would not be happy with gossips about them. The whole gossip segments of newspapers, gossip pages on the internet or magazine programs on the television push people to judge celebrities and gossip about them to other people. If they find useful subjects to talk each other, it would be nicer. For example, they can talk about changes in the world or something useful in daily life. Tracking celebrity news sounds kind of block for communication subjects.

Later on, there are people addicted to celebrities. They feel that they need to check celebrity news everyday. Even some people open this news at work. They can spend their time to contribute with something useful to the world. However, some people can defend this as relaxing activity because people have to work very hard and they want to escape from serious things for a moment. On the other hand, they can feel guilty because of spending their time for nothing. Producing or creating something makes you feel important, happy and useful because you know it is your contribution for life or people.

In conclusion, focusing on celebrity life can decrease the quality of your time. In my opinion, people evaluate their time wisely. Spending their time in this way can be attractive but it will affect their productivity.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
In conclusion, focusing on celebrity life can decrease the [STRIKE]quality[/STRIKE] quantity of [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] people's time. In my opinion, people prefer to spend [STRIKE]evaluate[/STRIKE] their time wisely. Spending their time in unproductive pursuits like tracking celebrities [STRIKE]in this way can be attractive but it will[/STRIKE] would adversely affect their productivity and quality of life.

not a teacher

cinemaniac

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
thanks a lot tedmc

Status