Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Some people believe that computers are more a hindrance than a help in today's world. Others feel that they are such indispensable tools that they would not be able to live or work without them.

•In what ways are computers a hindrance?

•What is your opinion?

Computer is a very popular technology and part of the modern culture. After invention of computer, people's life changed rapidly. Human beings started to use computer for many things in their routine life as: entertainment, news, education, weather, sports and music. Some people assert that computer encumbrances our life. Others reckon that they can not imagine their life or work without them. Because they entirely depend on it. I am convinced that it includes both positive and negative effects.

The first important aspect of using computer is that you will be a demanded person in your work sphere. It is obvious that each company deals with computers and if the candidate can manage well with it, there is highly chance for him/her to get hired. For example, during a job interview, I was asked if I could use computer or not. According to my life experience, I can say without any hesitation and any doubt that it was the general and important aspect for employers. Hence, it is very comfortable and it easily replaces many devices like TV and music players. Apart from this, there are a lot of useful programs. Due to them, humans can be taught to play on a guitar or a piano. Furthermore, users can always find their documents without any difficulties. Also, laptop has a huge memory, which allows the person to download or save anything that they need.

There is no doubt that one of the most obvious disadvantage of using computer is thought to be the time wasted while playing games. Since, human beings spend many hours by sitting in front of computer, they gain an extra weight and have some health problems. As far as I am concerned, people which connect to computers, have deteriorated eye sight. Moreover, laptop emits the light. People are so focused on their work that they gaze at the screen and forget about winking. The lack of drenching, eyes get tired. As a consequence, workers get a poor eye sight. Finally, it leads to laziness. Instead of writing, humans type. They do not do any physical actions, except using only their intelligence. For instance, my friend works as a secretary. She is really exhausted, because of sedentary work.

However, I believe that computer does not hindrance to our life, vice versa it helps to relieve our difficult works and save humans's time. Adding up, it takes less place and there is a huge type of useful and important selections for users. The only thing required from workers is just to have a sit and dip into the rabbit hole.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Do you have a question for us? When will you give your essay to your English teacher for grading?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Anengon, I have a question for you. What was the first computer?

:)

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Hi Tarheel. Sorry, but I didnt catch? What did you mean?

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Thanks �� To tell the truth I don't know, how can I give my essay to teacher for grading.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Did you write this essay for school?

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
No, I prepere for passing IELTS exam. How is my essay? Any advises?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Many regard the abacus as the first computer.

Some people believe that computers are more a hindrance than a help in today's world.

Doesn't it depend on why you want to do as to whether you consider something either a help or a hindrance?

Others feel that they are such indispensable tools that they would not be able to live or work without them.

There are many jobs these days that could not be done without computers. Can you name a few?

In what ways are computers a hindrance?

Good question. What's the answer?

What is your opinion?

It's your opinion that counts here.

The computer is a very popular technology and a part of modern culture.

Can you think of a better word than "popular" there?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
After the invention of the computer, people's lives changed rapidly.

Was it really like that? (Here is a good place to talk a little about the history of computers.)

Why did people start using computers for certain things?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, I am preparing for taking the IELTS exam. What do you think about my essay? Any advice?

I suggest that you talk more about the history of computers and computing. Also, give concrete examples of how computers have changed things.

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Thanks a loooooot Tanheel for your answer������ I really apreciate������

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You could talk about how things were before computer use became commonplace, and compare that to now. In any case, this line is a keeper:

The only thing required from workers is just to have a sit and dip into the rabbit hole.

That's good for a chuckle or two even if you can't figure out what it means.
;-)

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Tarheel one more question������ How can I give my essays to grading for teacher?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please stop using this symbol: ������

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Thanks a lot for your responses.

(Clicking on "Thanks" is sufficient.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Tarheel one more question. How can I give my essays to grading for teacher?

It's really hard to respond to a question you don't understand. Do you mean to say:

How do I give my essay to my teacher for grading?

(That couldn't be the question. The answer is too obvious.)
:-?

Status
Not open for further replies.