• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Syria
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Smile Intermediate task based learning level

Hello,

I am thinking to make for my students some tasks related to task based learning. since I am not in a country which has a native language speakers, I can not go out with my students to have a native place task like "we go to doctor" so we talk and discuss etc.

so I am thinking to make some visual images about certain place and ask my students to talk about it and discuss it.

what do you think? do you have any ideas about what are the subjects should we talk about ?

Thanks!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: Intermediate task based learning level

I think that as a teacher you should start each sentence with a capital letter!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Syria
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by probus View Post
    I think that as a teacher you should start each sentence with a capital letter!
    I think I am asking a question not writing a paragraph. Anyway, thank you for this unrelated answer. :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Ayman Mosully:

I think that is an excellent idea: Discuss basic life tasks with your students.

I do not understand why you cannot take your students on a field trip. For example, you could take them to a doctor's office, or to the zoo, or to a museum, or to a department store. (Of course, after making arrangements with the managers of those places.)

It does not matter that the employees there do not speak English. You and your students can STILL discuss your experiences ONLY in English.

Taking field trips is certainly more fun and more educational than just reading some books and answering questions.

For example, you might take them to the train station. Before you go, you might give them a list of vocabulary words to know in English: train, railroad, porters, carriage / car, engineer, etc. When the class returns to school, you and your students could then discuss what they saw. They might even meet some English-speaking tourists there!

I do not know the ages of your students, but I think that students of all ages like hands-on education.

Best of luck,

James
    Last edited by TheParser; 08-Feb-2015 at 16:05. Reason: misspelling

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ayman Mosully View Post
    Hello,

I am thinking to of make making for my students some tasks for my students, related to task-based learning. Since I am not in a native English-speaking country which has a native language speakers, I can not cannot go out with my students to have do a native place 'natural situation' task like "we Going to the doctor" so we talk and discuss it etc.

So, I am thinking to of make making some visual images about of a certain place and then asking my students to talk about it and discuss it.

What do you think? Do you have any ideas about what are the subjects should we should talk about?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayman Mosully View Post
    I think I am asking a question not writing a paragraph. Anyway, thank you for this unrelated answer. :)
    Please see my corrections to your first post, in red. You were given a very legitimate suggestion in post #2 - every sentence must begin with a capital letter. Paragraphs have nothing to do with it.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Syria
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    ***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello, Ayman Mosully:

I think that is an excellent idea: Discuss basic life tasks with your students.

I do not understand why you cannot take your students on a field trip. For example, you could take them to a doctor's office, or to the zoo, or to a museum, or to a department store. (Of course, after making arrangements with the managers of those places.)

It does not matter that the employees there do not speak English. You and your students can STILL discuss your experiences ONLY in English.

Taking field trips is certainly more fun and more educational than just reading some books and answering questions.

For example, you might take them to the train station. Before you go, you might give them a list of vocabulary words to know in English: train, railroad, porters, carriage / car, engineer, etc. When the class returns to school, you and your students could then discuss what they saw. They might even meet some English-speaking tourists there!

I do not know the ages of your students, but I think that students of all ages like hands-on education.

Best of luck,

James
    I think this is a great idea. So the idea is to make conversation between me and my students even without direct contact with people over there. I like what you said about train station, museum and zoo. These topics are easy for students to discuss.

Thank you James.