Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do.

• How far do you agree?

• What criteria should be used to decide how much people are paid? It is often said that bosses of a huge company or a film actors are paid a lot of money in spite of the amount of importance of work they do. There is no doubt that there are more essential workers like teachers, surgeons and doctors. It is obvious, that they are a master of our fabric society to progress and develop. But in spite of this, they are undervalued. There are devisions between human beings. I have to say that I entirely agree that doctors, nurses and teachers should be prized and estimated more.

As it is known that people should cherish and encourage nurses, doctors and teachers. Human beings do not value them. It should be taken into account that they play an important role for performing necessary aspect of development. Without teachers it will be impossible to know the basic levels of education. Education is very essential for any society to progress and to develop. But some people take it for granted. Even extraordinary doctors and nurses were taught in their former times. Another reason why I reckon that doctors should be paid more is because e.g. virologists protect people from spread of infection, which could damage to health of the general public. As a result, doctors give another chance to live to human beings. It is the most important and greatest thing that could be done for people by workers.

However, not all people get what they deserve and for the importance of work they do. For instance, bosses of the company and film actors are paid huge sums of money. From my point of view, it is not fair. Because, all responsible work done by bosses is straightly dependent from subordinate workers. I am convinced that with the help of actors our world is more ornamented but they do not take part in developing a nation's health and progress. The only thing that actors do is to develop our outlooking. Also, their job is not essential as health, economic progress and technological achievement. One of the first things to note is that a vital needs should be put on the top of priority. Therefore, people should dispose priorities properly.

I strongly believe that workers such as teachers and doctors are more important than a film actors/actresses. Workers should be paid the amount of money they deserve and accordingly to this essential role they do for the society.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us?

(I suggest that you put some paragraph breaks into your post if you want us to look at it.)

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Some tips:
1 - Clarify your first paragraph.
2 - Don't preach. In other words, don't overuse "should".
3 - One paragraph - one idea.
Re-write it and we'll have a look ;-)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Got to go! (Is this homework?)
:)

Anegon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Yes, it is my homework

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, I am not supposed to help you with your homework (which you should know). I can tell you that way too many of your sentences do not make sense. (That is all I am going to say for now.)

Please do not make any more changes to your original post, but if you do make any changes post them in a different post in this thread.
:)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, it is my homework

Tarheel said "I am not supposed to help you with your homework". That does not just apply to Tarheel. No-one on this forum can (or should) help you with your homework. Your teacher is interested only in what you can do, on your own, with no help.

Write the best essay you can and submit it to your teacher. When you get it back from your teacher, you can come back to us if there are any comments or corrections from your teacher that you don't understand.

Until then, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.