Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The reason for apologizing:
I requested a reference/recommendation letter from my prof, and he asked me to help him draft it up. I didnt reply his email because i wanted to finish drafting it up, before replying the request email so that i could send the draft along with it. But, a few days later, I received a notification email from the organization i was applying for, saying that my prof already uploaded a recommendation letter. I felt guilty and felt that my action was rude, undeserving of his help. :( please help me, I wanted to deliver the most sincere apology email.

Dear xx,

I am sorry for the delay in replying your previous email. I was having some difficulties in trying to draft up the recommendation letter you requested. Initially I wanted to finish drafting it so I could attach it together with the reply. Unfortunately, I took me some times, and when I checked my email, I saw the email notice from OIST saying that you had already uploaded a letter that I requested. I am terribly sorry for being impolite and causing you a lot of inconvenience. Again, I am terribly sorry. I hope you accept my sincere apology. Thank you for your kind help.

Thank you,
xx

Power English

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear xx,

I am sorry for the delay in replying your previous email. I was having some difficulties in trying to draft up the recommendation letter you requested. Initially I wanted to finish drafting it so I could attach it together with the reply. Unfortunately, I took me some times, and when I checked my email, I saw the email notice from OIST saying that you had already uploaded a letter that I requested. I am terribly sorry for being impolite and causing you a lot of inconvenience. Again, I am terribly sorry. I hope you accept my sincere apology. Thank you for your kind help.

Thank you,
xx

Dear xx,

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your previous email. I was having some difficulties in trying to draft up the recommendation letter you requested. Initially, I wanted to finish drafting it so I could attach it together with the reply. Unfortunately, it took me longer than expected and when I checked my email, I saw the email notice from OIST saying that you had already uploaded a letter that I requested. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

I hope you accept my sincere apology. Thank you for your kind help.

Best regards,
xx

In my opinion the original email was good, it only needed a few minor changes. I amended the end as I felt there was some overkill on the apology. I'm sure your professor will understand and will be glad to have helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.