• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia

WRITING (in the future)

Dear teachers,

Would you please have a look at this text and tell me if there are any changes to make and if the use of tenses is correct ?

I have 4 classes in the morning. At 8.30 (1) I WILL BE SITTING my History class. My teacher likes the French Revolution very much and knows the subject inside out! By 8.55, my history class (2) WILL HAVE FINISHED. I don't like Algebra and lucky for me, I've got a 15-minute break right after. At 10.30, I (3) WON'T BE DISSECTING frogs, for this I (4) WILL HAVE TO WAIT until the afternoon Biology class. No, at about 10.30, I (5) WILL BE DOING English exercises. We (6) WILL probably WORK on the future tense. I wish we could skip ahead to another lesson, but teacher said that it is important that we should master this tense. By 11:20 my physical education class (7) WILL HAVE STARTED. The afternoon workload isn't too bad. I only have 2 classes, including the Arts class. Drawing is a lot of fun, my teacher is funny too and my classmates are very quiet in the afternoon... this class (8) IS GOING TO BE the most relaxing moment of the day! After school, I usually ride my bike home. But this time is different I (9) AM MEETING Dan at 3 o'clock. Yesterday, we talked about how we (10) WOULD BE SPENDING the afternoon but didn't have any idea and we still haven't made (up ?) our mind. I guess we (11) WILL JUST SEE how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Hela

Re: WRITING (in the future)

Quote Originally Posted by hela
    Yesterday, we talked about how we (10) WOULD BE SPENDING the afternoon but didn't have any idea and we still haven't made (up ?) our mind. I guess we (11) WILL JUST SEE how it goes.
    Yep, it all seems correct. With the bit in bold, it could possibly be 'made our minds up'. 'Made up our minds' is correct, but sounds a bit stilted. In any case, 'mind' should be plural anyway.