• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Would you be so kind as to check my CV?

Hello! I intend to apply for a master programme and I would be incredibly grateful if someone could check my CV.
    Thank you in advance!

Education

2011 – Current date: ##### University
    Faculty of Translation and Interpretation
    I am studying the Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

Final-year dissertation: Paralinguistic means of expression and its impact on interpreter’s understanding of text.
    I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants of communication, in particular, for interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation due to paralinguistic means.
    2000 – 2011: ##### school with advanced study of foreign languages

Training

07 July – 01 August 2014: St Giles International

Took a course of English language in London. At the end of training obtained level C1 in English.
    September – November 2013: Institute Libre Marie Haps
    I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of student exchange programme Erasmus.
    01 – 26 July 2013: CIEL de STRASBOURG
    Took a course of French language in Strasbourg. At the end of training obtained level B2 in French.
    23 January – 03 March 2012: Alliance Française Bordeaux – Aquitaine
    Took a course of French language in Bordeaux.
    5 – 23 July 2010: Anglo-Continental
    Took a course of English language in Bournemouth. At the end of training obtained level B1 in French.
    2009-2010: International Model United Nations
    Participated in International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
    01 – 14 august 2008: Premier School of English & Tourism
    Took a course of English language in Hastings.
    Work experience

20 - 31 October 2014: #### News Agency
    During my work in #### I have been translating articles of different types. I have studied publications of many world news agencies and I have been in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.
    Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving language and organizational skills.
    Swimming: An amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sport club competitions.
    Cycling: I like cycling and I prefer going by bicycle instead of using public transport.
    Music: Qualified to grade 5 on the guitar; also enjoy many genres of contemporary music.
    Additional information

Computing Skills: Word, Exel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop
    Languages: Fluent English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.
    Last edited by Senie; 02-Mar-2015 at 11:35. Reason: typo

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Would you be so kind as to check my CV?

Education
    I am studying the Studying for Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

Final-year dissertation: Paralinguistic means of expression and its impact on interpreter’s understanding of text.
    I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants of in communication, in particular, for the interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation due to using paralinguistic means.

Training

Took Completed a course of English language in London. At the end of training, obtained level C1 in English.
    I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of the Erasmus student exchange programme.
    TookCompleted a course of French language in Strasbourg. At the end of training, obtained level B2 in French.
    TookCompleted a course of French language in Bordeaux.
    TookCompleted a course of English language in Bournemouth. At the end of training, obtained level B1 in French.
    Participated in the International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
    TookCompleted a course of English language in Hastings.

Work experience

During my work in #### I have been translatingtranslated articles of different types. I have also studied publications of many world news agencies and I have been was in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.

Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving my language and organizational skills.
    Swimming: As an amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sports club competitions.
    Cycling: I like cycling and I prefer going by bicycle instead of using public transport.
    Music: Qualified to grade 5 on the guitar; also enjoy many genres of contemporary music.

Additional information

Languages: Fluent in English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    Education
    I am studying the Studying for Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants of in communication, in particular, for the interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation due to using paralinguistic means.

Training

Took Completed a course of English language in London. At the end of training, obtained level C1 in English.
    I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of the Erasmus student exchange programme.
    TookCompleted a course of French language in Strasbourg. At the end of training, obtained level B2 in French.
    TookCompleted a course of French language in Bordeaux.
    TookCompleted a course of English language in Bournemouth. At the end of training, obtained level B1 in French.
    Participated in the International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
    TookCompleted a course of English language in Hastings.

Work experience

During my work in #### I have been translatingtranslated articles of different types. I have also studied publications of many world news agencies and I have been was in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.

Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving my language and organizational skills.
    Swimming: As an amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sports club competitions.

Additional information

Languages: Fluent in English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.
    Thank you very much! That was of great help to me.

4. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

...and selected articles to be translated for an international web page.

Hope that helps :)