1. Nijeana

Can I put my phrases I am not sure are correct?

Hello
    I am new here and I read all the rules about posting. I still don't have it clear is it ok to put phrases that I writte but I doubt they are correct?

I saw that if they doubt my thread is a task they will delete it because they don't do anybodies homework. I totaly agree with that.

I don't have any homework or a task I am just practising and am afraid my phrases won't be accepted because of that rule. And I also saw that you can put an "essey" . So what is the difference ? Essey is also a task or a homework.

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks!
    Cheers!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Can I put my phrases I am not sure are correct?

If you have a question then post it in Ask a Teacher. And if you want help with an essay, then start your thread in that section. And don't worry about posting something in the wrong section. One of our moderators can always move something that is in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Tarheel; 12-Mar-2015 at 22:04. Reason: spelling

3. Nijeana

Thanks Tarheel. It means a lot!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Nijeana View Post
    Hello.
    I am new here and I have read all the rules about posting. I still don't have it clear​. Is it ok OK to put phrases that I writte write/have written but I doubt they are correct?

I saw that if they the moderators doubt don't believe that my thread is a just for practise, task they will delete it because they don't do anybodies homework. I totally agree with that.

I don't have any homework or a tasks. I am just practising and am afraid my phrases won't be accepted because of that rule. And I also saw that you can put post an "essay". So what is the difference? An essay is also a task or a homework.

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks!
    Cheers!
    Please see my corrections above in red. You have understood the rules correctly. We trust our members to be honest with us and we trust them not to post homework assignments. We're pretty good at spotting homework!

You can post anything that isn't going to be handed in to a teacher and graded, or handed in as part of an exam.

Post individual questions about grammar, vocabulary etc in the "Ask A Teacher" section. You can post short essays in the "Editing and Writing Topics" section.

We look forward to helping you to improve your English.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

When I see one of those really long essays (posted for corrections/suggestions), my reaction might be: OMG!